Bedding in Roof Top Tent

What is your preferred bedding in a roof top tent?

• Synthetic Sleeping Bag

Votes: 25 23.8%
  • Down Sleeping Bag

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Synthetic Bed Comforter

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Down Bed Comforter

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • Other (wool blankets, fleece blankets, anything else)

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

spressomon

Expedition Leader
12V heated blanket atop a thick syn mattress pad. Mostly use the heated blanket to preheat (damn I've gotten soft ;)...it sure is nice though to hop into warm mattress and linens) the sleeping surface...turn it down to lowest setting the remainder of the night. Down comforter atop that.

I have Western Mountaineering down bags (rated from -10 to 20+)...but have gotten addicted to the "freedom" of the cozy down comforter...

BlackPearl

I've put two 1" self inflating hacking mats under the mattress I found that after a few nights sleeping on my side it just started to hurt. On top I have two thick feather down -30 sleeping bags zipped together to make a double then two pillows and extra "Mexican" style double blanket just in case. All of it stays in the tent when I fold it up and I've never had an issue with packing it back up

grogie

Like to Camp
Over the Tepui pad, I have a thin blanket just to help keep the pad clean. I then have a 1-1/2" gel topper inside a thin double-sized sleeping bag that is on top of the pad. I then put single sleeping bags on top of that, that we either sleep in or just use a large wool blanket. I do have to remove the topper/double bag (that fits into a canvas bag and goes inside my trailer for storage), but otherwise the single bags and blanket can stay inside when the RTT is folded up. The wife and I are very comfortable.

Below is just the double bag with the gel topper inside of it.

578y.jpg

stingray1300

Explorer
First, I added a 2" memory foam pad on top of the 2.5" high density foam that came with the Tepui. I bought a water resistant mattress cover and put both pads in it. Then we have a 20º F Alps Mountaineering sleeping bag. This is in a Gran Sabana, a California King-sized bedding set up. On really cold nights (18-32º F) we have a very heavy wool blend blanket.

Basil.

Bump... Im headed to alaska in september and am trying to decide on bedding for my new James Baroud RTT

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
First, I added a 2" memory foam pad on top of the 2.5" high density foam that came with the Tepui. I bought a water resistant mattress cover and put both pads in it. Then we have a 20º F Alps Mountaineering sleeping bag. This is in a Gran Sabana, a California King-sized bedding set up. On really cold nights (18-32º F) we have a very heavy wool blend blanket.

@stingray1300 New gran sabana owner here. Do you remember which 2" foam pad did you go with? Just trying the tent in the garage I can already tell the supplied pad won't cut it, I will have to have more padding for sure. Actually thinking of replacing the whole sleeping pad but I want to try it out with a foam base to start. Also, do you have any pictures of your tent all set up with the annex? Just trying to get some ideas on the best way to tie it out for stability in wind/rain and get the maximum usable footprint in the annex. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12

Members online