Bedding Stored in Alu-Cab presses against top of tent - is that bad?

spinlock

Hi,

New owner of an Alu-Cab 3.1 RTT here. I'm keeping my bedding,inside the tent. When I close it they do press up against the roof of the tent a bit. Its not a wild bulge but I think I see a bit of curve outward in one spot. Is that going to cause long term damage to the tent? (note other then the ladder it is only soft compressible stuff like a mattress topper, pillows, sleeping bag etc.

Maybe I'm onto something or just an over worried new owner? Any wisdom and opinions would be appreciated.

Thank You all in advance

Stabwell

I've had my 3.0 for over 4 years. I leave my bedding inside on trips. I've had it stuffed so full I could barely close it and the ceiling bulged upward. The only issue I've had is from a manufacturing flaw where alucab powder coated the tent after using sikaflex to seal the gaps. This baked the sikaflex and caused it to fail with flexion. Alucab sent me supplies to fix the seams (offered to do it for me at a vendor, but not one close). They no longer seal before powder coat, so issue is fixed. I haven't had any issues since I fixed it and I still stuff it full.

CMARJEEP

Observer
I've had my 3.0 for over 4 years. I leave my bedding inside on trips. I've had it stuffed so full I could barely close it and the ceiling bulged upward. The only issue I've had is from a manufacturing flaw where alucab powder coated the tent after using sikaflex to seal the gaps. This baked the sikaflex and caused it to fail with flexion. Alucab sent me supplies to fix the seams (offered to do it for me at a vendor, but not one close). They no longer seal before powder coat, so issue is fixed. I haven't had any issues since I fixed it and I still stuff it full.
That’s a pretty big manufacturing oversight. But I think Alucab has really improved their quality and consistency over the years. I had a fairly early Canopy shell from them and the sealing and finishing wasn’t great. Had a lot of leaks through rivets and seams. Third brake light wiring went through metal with no grommet.

They replaced it for me last year due to some aluminum cracking even though it was out of warranty. The new one is much better. Every rivet and seam is sealed very well with silicone. Wires now have grommets through metal.

It’s always good when companies stand behind their products and you can see quality improvement and not the other way around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior