Beer of the day: A saga for the perfect beer.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
We can get it in Prescott - I'll trade you beer.... for a winch?

Yeah ... I'll get back to you on that ... :D

Anyway, drinking a 2011 Deschutes Jubelale (strong ale). One of my favorite annual winter beers. And no, I'm not in the office. :coffeedrink:

I would've posted a photo, but I just finished the beer! Next time.

- Andy

keezer37

Explorer
I thought I'd give another Christmas brew a chance. Like Great Lakes Brewery, Anchor Brewing is another who's beers have not been to my liking. But, tis the season to forgive past transgressions and welcome their Christmas Ale into my home.

Pardon my resolution:
AnchorBrewingChristmas2011-1.jpg

-It has a beautiful deep ruby color when held up to the light.
-It is thin bodied which to me is not suitable for a winter beer.
-It literally taste like pine. I love the smell of pine. I keep some boughs in my truck over the holidays. I do not however care for the taste.
-Finally, and most importantly, it tastes like alcohol. This must have been a quality control issue. It claims 5.5%. I drank three. It is not.

MattScott

Approved Vendor
Beer of the day - Schneider Weisse: Hopfen Weisse

B

Strong alcohol taste with a slight wheat aftertaste.
ae7ee8a5-c4e0-6872.jpg

MattScott

Approved Vendor
a6cd0c1d-0b54-55d0.jpg

Prescott Brewing Company- Christmas City Ale.

It's actually the first beer I've enjoyed from PBC. Good spice undertone. Very holiday oriented.

B+

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
I bought a 12'er variety pack of Widmer Bro's. I actually was not a big fan, I'll have to try the Brrr though.

I really like the Brrr and like Drifter a lot. Can't complain about their Hefe, either. I used to love the Broken Halo, Dead Lift Imperial IPA, and W'11 KGB Imperial Stout. I honestly haven't had some of their brand-new beers. My all-time fav was Snow Plow Milk Stout, but that is also no longer brewed.

- Andy

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
Beer of the day:

Lefthand Brewing Company - Nitro Milk Stout (Bottled)

It's the only stout I enjoy. If you gave this to people before Guinness; they would go out of business.

B+

No picture, to busy enjoying.

Yep; that's a pretty good beer right there. I've got the regular Milk Stout and the Nitro version both in the fridge. I like the fact that it's readily available and brewed not too far from here.

You should try the Breckenridge Brewery Vanilla Porter too. It's not quite the same texture as the Milk Stout, but nice too.

keezer37

Explorer
Spotted this seasonal imbibition from Avery Brewing Co., Old Jubilation Ale today. Don't recall ever seeing it before so I thought I'd explore further.

Not bad. Tastes like a proper winter brew should taste. It gives more of the warming feeling expected. The finish is that I believe to be mocha.

DSC00333.jpg

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I really like the Brrr and like Drifter a lot. Can't complain about their Hefe, either. I used to love the Broken Halo, Dead Lift Imperial IPA, and W'11 KGB Imperial Stout. I honestly haven't had some of their brand-new beers. My all-time fav was Snow Plow Milk Stout, but that is also no longer brewed.

- Andy

Their Hefe wasn't half bad, but I'm a here enthusiast, so I've had a few.

Their IPA was icky. Just like every other IPA.

Snow Plow Milk Stout sounds great, too bad it isn't brewed.

Warn Industries

Supporting Vendor
keezer37 said:
Spotted this seasonal imbibition from Avery Brewing Co., Old Jubilation Ale today
I've had this one a few times and always enjoyed it. I haven't had one in a few years; maybe I'll snag a few bottles tonight.

Their IPA was icky. Just like every other IPA.

Heathen! That's OK. It leaves more IPA for me. :D
- Andy

Cards81fan

Osage Hilltopper
My new local favorite:

6467597817_6fb4e434eb.jpg

not my pic - stolen from Google

Battered Board Coconut Cream Stout

It's an Oklahoma beer, and I love the toasted coconut flavors and coffee notes. Only problem is, it pours with no head and feels very thin. So it's not a great beer, but I enjoy it well enough and like to support our local brewers. We have three predominant brewers in OK (Choc, Marshall, Coop) but I like to support others as well.

Andy said:
It leaves more IPA for me.

And me! IPA is my favorite style, with a good Bitter (love Redhook which JUST came to OK) a close second!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle