Before and After Shots-- How your Vehicle has Evolved...

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
My turn,

Heres what I started with

8261965_2_I.jpg

8261965_4_I.jpg

8261965_1_I.jpg

And this is where Im at right now

IMG_8934copy.jpg

IMG_8899copy.jpg

IMG_8944copy.jpg

IMG_9337copy.jpg

IMG_9436copy.jpg

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Fun thread!

Day I got her:
IMG_1782.jpg

Currently:
0f538ac3.jpg

3" lift, 255/85 Discoverer AT's. ARB, Snorkel, LandTank MAS mod, PHH bypass, Light Force. headlight upgrades, step sliders, diff breathers, cargo barrier, crossbars and rack, painted OEM wheels, sheepskins in front.
And you think I can find decent floor mats?? Not yet...

Clark White

Explorer
And you think I can find decent floor mats?? Not yet...

I feel your pain! I have a set of the Cabelas hard floor mats. They work ok, but still not exactly what I want, and not the perfect fit they were advertised as. They are good for wet muddy conditions since I can clean them easily, but not so nice when it's cold and I'm barefoot drying me feet off.

Clark

P.S. yes, I know I'm being picky wanting comfortable floor mats when I'm barefoot!

Fanum

My 130

Bought from Ebay......it was an ex electricity company pylon fixing works vehicle.

The day I took it for a test drive:

DSC00117-XL.jpg

It looks ok doesn't it......but if you look closely, every single panel was dinged in multiple places.

I now build Exped vehicles and have met people who work for the company who used to run my 130........apparently they are have steel poles and girders of varioous sorts that they have to trim up and machine up in the field (literally) so they just leant them against the Landy.......imagine a bunch of 8 year old let loose on your car with a ball pein hammer in each hand and that's pretty much what it looked like :Wow1:

On the up side though, it had been maintained regardless of cost and had a big wadge of servicing history (in house)

The interior was way better than the exterior, the engine was sweet and it was exactly what I was looking for...a 300Tdi 130 Hi cap with the EGR sorted and a decent rear body pod, PTO winch and crewcab :drool:

This was bought as an expedition support vehicle for off-road biking trips in North and West Africa, and at the price I got it for, it was a good deal :)

DSC00120-XL.jpg

DSC00129-XL.jpg

I didn't want or need the ladder rails on top, so they came off (and were stolen or 'misplaced' by the guys who did the initial conversion for me :ar15:

(If only I knew back then what I know now)

I did a photoshop mock-up of what I wanted to make.....

Landy-XL.jpg

It got stripped out

PIC0004-XL.jpg

The wings had had too much banging to make it worth saving them, so in went new pattern parts for a fraction of OEM LR parts.....

PIC0006-XL.jpg

I'm still a bit peeved about the ally from the ladder racks.........man the amount of bracketry and plates I could make up from this kit in my new job!!

DSC00134-XL.jpg

Anyway, after the mechanicals were sorted, I had her re-sprayed locally and had a Brownchurch rack made and fitted to spec, along with a roof tent

I got some decent seats from Exmoor trim, kitted the pod out with self built racking and added various power points, an inverter, split charge system, water supply, jerry holders (two stroke, petrol and diesel, all colour co-ordinated so we didn't fill up someone's KTM 990 with two stroke :D) and added various detailing bits and bobs like Hardwired GPS aux reciever, a safe for customer's money and spare keys, a Load lugger bike trailer (lots of welding to toughen that fekker up so we could tow a bike out of the High Atlas without wrecking it) and so on.

This is how she looked on the shakedown trip in Derbyshire

PIC0002-XL.jpg

Then after an inaugural trip to Morocco to do the longer distance shakedown (loads of pics from that, but it'll bore you) we took her for a family holiday to iron out the user-friendliness with kids on board (we thought an 8 year old would be as demanding as a customer....man how wrong were we!!!)

182355142_MRjmx-X2.jpg

Then finally , 5 years of hard use towing a 20 foor trailer full of bikes across Europe and into Morocco, then following bikes around, picking up the pieces, acting as an ambulance, recovery vehicle, welding shop, spouse relief vehicle, beer carrier and mobile kitchen

635477685_Qhzba-O.jpg

127524782_ivgW6-O.jpg

200611495_BapLR-O.jpg

By the way, Moto-Morocco no longer exists......I sold the company, so this is not an advert in any way......

Instead of leading the expeditions, I now build the vehicles to do them......not as good, but heck, a job is a job :)

231638308_oc5fS-O.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00134-XL.jpg
    DSC00134-XL.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 36
  • 200611495_BapLR-O.jpg
    200611495_BapLR-O.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 37

Dennx

Adventurer
Great looking FJ and looks like your wheeling in a very cool area too. I really like your low profile LED too. Enjoy!

Thanks Ben. It's my baby for sure. The photos are from a recent trip to Death Valley. The light is BajaDesign's 40” Stealth light bar. It was a perfect fit for the rack.

BenHedrick

Adventurer
Thanks Ben. It's my baby for sure. The photos are from a recent trip to Death Valley. The light is BajaDesign's 40” Stealth light bar. It was a perfect fit for the rack.

I live in FL and four wheeling here SUX!!!! But Baja Designs, builds great products. Here is my "high" profile Baja Designs light bar... :)

superrubicon-058.jpg

shov3lbum

Adventurer
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Sport LS, stock with some options, small tires in early 2009. 89,000 miles.
IMG_0768.jpg
31 inch tires, lost the fender flares after two got ripped off, just bedlinered the area they used to be
IMG_0403.jpg
Added rear tire carrier, leafs in rear, cranked torsion bars, added 33 inch tires, ditched running boards for a little while and currently at 155,000 miles. Soon to get dirty this summer!
0216121620.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
2006 LJ Before and after....

hannibal.jpghannibal 2.jpgMy 2006 BONE stock LJ..... before....

AND AFTER!!!! Rear Hannibal awning with sides is o nits way! :)

DSC00914.jpgattachment.jpegattachment-1.jpegIMG_20130106_110428.jpgPB101034.jpg

Awning finally arrived yesterday! :) cant wait to take better pics of it in use!

Attachments

• P4200295.jpg
    P4200295.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 28
  • P4200294.jpg
    P4200294.jpg
    513.3 KB · Views: 28
  • P4200272.jpg
    P4200272.jpg
    509.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Forum statistics