Best Expedition Vehicle

calitaco

Sorry if this is a repost, but this is the first time I've even seen this. Think it's overkill?

pic01.jpg

pic02.jpg

pic03.jpg

pic04.jpg

pic05.jpg

pic06.jpg

Accrete

Explorer
the unicats are beautiful rigs! though as many have discussed here, they might not be able to squeeze into the places we enjoy venturing to here in the states.

: ) Thom

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
Wow! This rig is much, much too large for the locations I visit; my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is often a tight fit . But the design details are just beautiful. It is a modernist home with knobby tires. I can only imagine the price equaled that of a modern home as well, at least $500K+.

Try 800,000-1,000,000 euros. I will say that when we visited our fellow campers in Morocco in a 7 meter Unicat on a MAN 6X6 (like the one pictured), my wife felt we were "slumming" in our little camper on the U500.

Charlie

SunMan

Adventurer
R-i-d-i-c-u-l-o-u-s.

There doesn't appear to be much they didn't think of.

Can't imagine bombing down MEX-1 in it though...talk about white knuckles.

jcbrandon

Explorer
I'd take one

I'd take one in a heartbeat; if I had the budget. That thing rocks. It's a yacht, for land cruising.

haven

Expedition Leader
When your vehicle is also your home for months at a time, the extra space makes a huge difference. Most people really do need some personal space on a long journey.

TCM

Adventurer, Overland Certified OC0006
I like the yacht analogy. The exterior and interior finish is exactly the same. You might also compare this to a full size RV with high end finish only designed for off road travel not the highway. If you owned this you would not really even need a house. I would take one in a minute if money were no object. Just throw in a smaller vehicle for driving on more technical trails.

jcbrandon

Explorer
Here's a yacht:

And here's another:

The Dodge is more of a luxo-tugboat. The 6x6 overland rig is a world-cruiser. Nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998