Best Overland Channels on YouTube

ZONE ZERO

4WD24/7. fun group that don’t take them selves seriously
Ronny Dahl. I think he’s grown and made it all come together, and his modify episodes are great
4xoverland. he’s brilliant
the road chose me. DANS THE MAN!
WereWolf 4x4. out of Ukraine seriously ************** builds
grizzlyNbear. I have a soft spot for junky landies
jk overland. light hearted
unimog adventures. I dream of unimogs
expedition overland. Its like watching the Avengers take on class 6 dirt road with 1.5 million in trucks

it’s a long list but I have a broken foot right now waiting on surgery for over a month .

dan from the road chose me , mirrors how I’ve been building jeeps for years. I’m still trying to figure out My suspension for my gobi jk unlimited. His approach to building his trucks is more in line with the reality of how world traveler tend to do things. I spent years in Africa and seeing him in the same places puts a smile on my face every time.

ZONE ZERO

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pssht....Coms check..10/4 over an out....psssht....

psssht.. kay guys, make sure you're all wearing matching 5.11 tactical pants for the drone zoom in shot of cooking skottle tacos.....pssht....
I mean don’t get me wrong I’m definitely jealous of the endless sponsorships free trucks and walking in to aev and just droping a bag of cash on the table for a prospector. For “small family weekend trips” ?
but it’s so out of touch with the average working class weekend car camper it blows my mind.

“on the next season of Xoverland we’re going to do something we’ve always wanted to do cook breakfast with our pcore trailer next to the lunar lander brought to you by general tire and the European space agency” stay tuned .???

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I mean don’t get me wrong I’m definitely jealous of the endless sponsorships free trucks and walking in to aev and just droping a bag of cash on the table for a prospector. For “small family weekend trips” ?
but it’s so out of touch with the average working class weekend car camper it blows my mind.

“on the next season of Xoverland we’re going to do something we’ve always wanted to do cook breakfast with our pcore trailer next to the lunar lander brought to you by general tire and the European space agency” stay tuned .???
Oh yeah totally agree. The gear is unreal, the photo / video editing is top notch. And I do enjoy watching.

It's just sometimes their over the top / para military style is kind of funny and a little eye roll worthy.

montechie

We regularly watch much of the ones posted here too. Dan's videos of his Australian trip are excellent! I also highly recommend subscribing to Venture4wd's Patreon for his camping spots, they were excellent for my last trip.

Besides all the great channels mentioned here, my wife and I really like watching ForestyForest as a bit of an alternative to typical overlanding channels. I got into his videos for the epic fatbike packing adventures, but got hooked on his later parking lot built vans and cooking. He really shows what can be done without obsessing over gear and 37s as well as focusing on the adventures. I say this working on 2 jeeps, it's a good reminder. Some PNW overlanding is SoftRoadingTheWest. He does much of his own camping builds and isn't over the top with the vehicle mods. Between his Subaru Forester setup and now his Nissan Frontier, he comes up with some neat, but simple solutions in his builds.

Oscar Mike Gulf Yankee

I spend way too much time on Youtube, besides keeping up with the war every day, I hit some sailing/boating sites too.

I guess my favorite is Trail Recon, while it's heavy toward Jeeps he has some full size rigs.

Now that you have listed others I'll check them out, thanks!

just a couple to add that I watch as well....

The Story Till now
Northbound Expeditions
Truck House life
Overland Lady

For the motorcycle fans-

Million Dollar Bogan-for the Harley enthusiast who likes off roading their Harley.....I dont, but its fun to watch.
C90adventures
2Lanelife-on road adventures
Adam Sandoval-Great ambassador for the motorcycle community and for veterans.

vintageracer

To Infinity and Beyond!
After 3 pages one thing is for sure.

Not a lotta people like the same Off-road/Overlanding video's!

Seems to me that EVERYBODY like something DIFFERENT!

Sendit6.5

After 3 pages one thing is for sure.

Not a lotta people like the same Off-road/Overlanding video's!

Seems to me that EVERYBODY like something DIFFERENT!

Thats for sure! I think a lot of that is due to each channel having a sort of specialty, starting with the vehicle type - Jeep vs Toyota vs mid or full size truck vs van, etc etc. Then, some are focused on big budgets while others focus on lower budgets and more DIY. There are just SO many facets to this hobby (I’m new to it and I can already see that!) that it’s hard for one show to appeal to everyone.

I like the variety, personally, and I can learn something or be inspired by something from almost every channel. Probably a function of my newbie excitement! But I don’t think that’s the case with most people who’ve already dug into their own niche.

Tero97acb

Hey guys I know many of you enjoy watching YouTube videos about jeeps, overlanding and gear reviews like I do, which are your favorite channels to watch? Here are some that I really like.

I am Jake
Venture4wd
Expedition Overland
The Road Chose Me
Epic Family Roadtrip
Travis J Avery
Lite brite
Trail Recon
Overland Bound
Coyote works
Mark Doiron
I love JonDZ Adventuring. Amazing to see where they get in AWD vehicles.

Vst

I watch a lot of the same channels I just picked up a gladiator so I’m going down the rabbit hole of Jeep videos lol. But I also have a small channel I need to sharpen my skills with the edits and story telling but it’s fun practicing. If you want to check it out it’s @VehicleSupportedTravel

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior