Best place to buy Safari Snorkel?

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
I'm going to be in the market soon for a Safari Snorkel, and have been looking around and seeing prices like $460-470 for them from the Discovery II. Wondering if anybody knows of a place with a better price? $470US becomes like $600 CDN by the time I get it up here. I'm really struggling with that... I could buy a whole kayak made out of the same rotomolded plastic for that price.

It became apparent on my first trip this summer that I NEED a snorkel, and I like the look of the Safari, but man... $600 for a plastic tube is tough to swallow.

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
Contact Wendy at Sierra Expeditions. They treat us Canadians well and ship in a way that minimizes the dreaded duty and taxes.

Plus they have a 10% off sale right now - probably covers your shipping ;)

Pete

mountainpete

Spamicus Eliminatus
One other thing... I believe that Canadian dealers can bring in an OEM Land Rover snorkel. No idea on price, but give it a try.

Pete

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I would agree on Sierra Expeditions as being a great place to buy.
They will treat you right.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
Huh, and they even have a lower price than the other guys. Bonus! Thanks! (But if there's an even better place, still let me know please.) ;)

Edit: So where is the bit about 10% off? The snorkel also says free shipping.

Last edited:

TeriAnn

Explorer
R_Lefebvre said:
I'm going to be in the market soon for a Safari Snorkel, and have been looking around and seeing prices like $460-470 for them from the Discovery II. Wondering if anybody knows of a place with a better price? $470US becomes like $600 CDN by the time I get it up here.

British Pacific sells them for US$399. If you as them, they might ship to a Canadian address. They usually ship only to US addresses. Alternatively if you have a friend in the US who could forward it to you.

shawkins

Adventurer
R_Lefebvre said:
Ok, ordered from Sierra which has been great so far.
You won't be disappointed, I have placed a few orders with them now and they are great! Great communication too.

R_Lefebvre

Expedition Leader
TeriAnn said:
British Pacific sells them for US$399. If you as them, they might ship to a Canadian address. They usually ship only to US addresses. Alternatively if you have a friend in the US who could forward it to you.

SE had a better price with their sale anyway, and "partially" free shipping (since I'm in Canada), but thanks. I can't keep track of all the different Rover shops, and they all have different prices. Some higher, some lower.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman