Best way to build a route with an XLS of addresses?

aslostasyou

Adventurer
Hi everyone,

I've got a list of north american addresses and I'm looking to put them all into GPS software as waypoints so I can plan a series of routes. Most of my GPS use has been off the road so I'm not sure what the best method of doing this.

My goal, is to be able to look at state and the series of addresses and plan a 2 week trip hitting those points as well as other POI's along the way.

Any suggestions? I've got a 276c with Mapsource and I also have Delorme.

Thanks!

aslostasyou

Adventurer
Very neat program!

Looks like I can import an XLS file into Delorme... I'm going to mess with this later tonight and see what I can come up with. I'm not sure if I can sent waypoints to my 276c from Delorme though without jacking up my points from Mapsource....?

RoundOut

Explorer
I have MS Streets & Trips 2008. If you have Outlook (I have v2003), you can import an XLS list to Outlook in a special address book, then import them into MS S&T 2008 as a route. It will even optimize it. I don't know if it works with Lat/Longs though.

My wife is an Avon rep, and we used to optimize her delivery route this way. We also use it for our Scout Troop to optimize the route for flags that we put out on special holidays. It works great for addresses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle