Best Wife in the World!!!

TexGX

Explorer
Some of you may have seen my post in the for sale section titled "Someone please buy before I have to get a divorce". Today I called the guy again to see if he still had it and he did. I talked to my wife and try my best to highlight the advantages for the trailer. After she got about anything she wanted, she gave me the go ahead on the trailer. I called the guy back and after some back and forth, we had a deal. I loaded up Lexi(my dog) and headed to Payson. Lexi is one of the main reasons for the trailer. She keeps trying to climb in the cot with me and it just does not work.

The trailer was in almost new condition. I could not tell on the inside that it had ever been used. The couple that had it only used it about 5 times and the awnings still had the plastic on them when they picked it up. They were great and walked me thru the whole trailer. He also added two nice locking bike mounts for the rack. He was driving a nice black FJ.

I have a small list of maintance and changes to make:

1. I need to check the electric brakes. It showed they were hooked up, but the display did not change when I hit the brakes.
2. Very minor rust on the frame. I mean minor
3. It does not have a 12volt outlet inside the trailer. Will add one to charge phone, run small tv/dvd player and etc.
4. Change lights out to LED
5. I think a small amount of silicone around the bottom of the trailer would help with dust.
6. Some type of box up front so battery can be locked and small storage.

I do not have pictures other then the ones in the link. I will update with pic's later.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...one-please-buy-before-I-have-to-get-a-divorce!

TexGX

Last edited:

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Ok, so the pics from the craig's list listing are gone. So if you don't get your buns out there and take some pics of your new toy, we will all have to believe that maybe your telling a bold faced lie. And we would never want to think that of you this early in your forum career.
What type of brake controller are you using? It needs to be adjustable.
Welcome to the wonderful world of habitual tinkerers, it's all down hill from here my friend!

Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
And just for good measure, you might want to take a picture of the wife in the trailer with a big smile on her face so we know your telling the truth!:hehe:

Jeff

TexGX

Explorer
Jeff,

The trailer is a 2006 Fleetwood Neon with the off-road package and roof rack. I promise I will take some great photos tomorrow or Friday. It is dark out now and I want to clean her up before the pictures. I have a Casita that I have been messing with since 2006 and there is still a list of items I want to do.

I fogot to mention the stabilizers need to be changed. They are too short for the trailer. The PO used wood blocks, but they are heavy and bulky.

TexGX

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Having met Waymons wife and more importantly having tasted her amazing desserts I can say that she is a great wife.
I can't wait to check out this trailer in person and see it in action, especially after making fun of Waymon setting up the tent-majal on the last few outings we had :)

Looks great and sounds like a killer deal...not to mention I am sure the puppy dog will be happy.

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
As frustrated as my wife was last year when I was building my off-road tent trailer, she loves it to death now and we sleep better in it than any hotel bed or ground tent.

TexGX

Explorer
Pictures are coming. I ended up working late today. I plan on trying to get it registered and propane tank filled tomorrow so I will have it connected to the truck for some folded up Pics. I am hoping for a short trip Sat. I will get some inside and deployed pics then.

TexGX

Cruiser

Adventurer
Nice trailer! I love my 06 neon! great little trailer. The heater works better on cold nights with the sofa open. I think the t-stat is just too close to the heater. When the sofa is closed it constantly cycles.. open it regulates very nice..

TexGX

Explorer
Cruiser,

Great tip. I am thinking of switching to a digital thermostat. I wonder if it would work better if the thermostat was moved closer to the bed?

Please share anything else you have learned.

TexGX

TexGX

Explorer
Got to take the trailer out Sat. night for a quick trip. My buddy Lance was willing to show me another great place in Arizona close to home. He also takes much better pictures then I do. He will add them later. It was a great trip and the trailer was amazing. It was fun to tell Lance I had to turn down the heater for all those times he was in his Sportsmobile. Every thing worked as planned. I am going to install some tiedown strips along the floor to hold things down. This way things can be in the trailer not the truck. I am not a fan of the wood blocks the PO used to deal with the legs being to short. I will have to come up with a new solution. The interior needs some 12v outlets. I have one cabinet on the passenger side that looks like a great place to put the plugs and maybe an inverter. Slept like a baby. Lexi liked it too.

New Trailer 012.jpg

New Trailer 017.jpg

New Trailer 004.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger