BFG AT or KM2's

Maximus Ram

Expedition Leader
As I think someone pointed out, the KM2's come off as either an aggressive all terrain or maybe a milder mudder. Just hope I can get the mileage out of these like I did the M/T's(60,000+) .

HB 4X4

Adventurer
The KM2's will be noticeably rougher, a bit louder, and will have a lug slap at around 4-6MPH. If you don't mind the fairly large difference in ride quality on roads, it will be worth it when you're off the pavement. Make sure you rotate them religiously.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
As I think someone pointed out, the KM2's come off as either an aggressive all terrain or maybe a milder mudder.
That's the situation with the Hankook Dynapro RF10s I have on the ex-AdventureDuo Series 80. A more agressive tread pattern than you might expect from a pure all-terrain like the BFG ATs, but in street use and low noise, they seem as good if not better than the BFGs I ran on my WJ. And a bit cheaper than the competition. (Dave Druck was pretty pleased with them, too; search on "Hankook" for his posts if you're interested.)

heeltoe989

Explorer
It's not that I want to, it's just that sometimes it's unavoidable. It not always just a little bit either, sometimes it's long deep stretches

That's the same reason I run a mud tire. for the few times I hit mud, they sure are nice! Even if it means a bit more MPG

Applejack

Explorer
THE POLLS HAVE CLOSED, AND THE KM2'S ARE THE WINNER. TODAY I WILL ORDER THEM. I HOPE EACH OF YOU FEELS A SENSE OF OWNERSHIP IN MY TRUCK NOW. PERHAPS YOU'LL LIKE TO HELP WITH MY PAYMENT TOO:elkgrin:.

heeltoe989

Explorer
Things must have changed in the last week, they are available and they come with a $50 rebate on 4 too.

You know they should really sells tires in 5's not 4's, I don't know about you guys, but I have always need a good spare :sombrero:

grooveninja

Big fan of my KM2's after the initial 20k. AT were good in the snow brand new, but when downhill pretty quickly. The KM2's still seem decent in the snow and blow away the AT's in the mud.

Will definitely be interested to hear about those Goodyears heeltoe989 posted though.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
I'm with ya brother... Liike literaly I live in Oregon too... I think thatthe KM2's or maybe the Maxxis BH-MT's just might edge out the Dean SXT and/or the BFG AT. we litteraly live in the one of the wettesty places in th country let alone the world, I see MT's with some really specific siping, to be nearly the ONYL choice for a street/trail truck and now am REALLY leaning back after yet another run in a similar Toyota to mine with more agressive tires. I rtan the Old Mfg muds on my Jeeps and have run quite a few of the popular hardcore tires over the years and I think the new KM2's, again WITH SOME REAL SPECIFIC SIPING, will turn out to be a pretty great tire.

Cheers

Dave

EDit: haha I really should read that all important page 2 of the thread... Congrats and I look forward to hearing your impressions of these tires here in our lovely little wet, moss covered corner of the world.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179