BFG MT KM2 Tires. Too much??

peter

Observer
I've been running the KM2 tires on my D2 since Dec last yr and I'm happy with them. Will I recommend them to my friends? Sure if they don't mind paying the $. The hwy manner is good and the noise level is acceptable & may even be lower db than other MT style tires. They perform well in snow, ice, wet, mud and rock surfaces. I put them on a nice highway pace between IL, CO and UT. And nice rough terrain between Kokopoli Trail and Hole the Rock Trail. I've ran both BFG AT, MT and Cooper STT and in my opinion they are all good tires but I am especially impressed by the "grips" way the KM2 and the sidewalls took a beating on the HTR trail w/o issues. I have almost 6000 miles on these guys and they seemed to wear pretty well. Like some have said before, it depends where you wheel the most. I wheel both in the Midwest, Southwest and Mountain/West areas so the KM2 is a nice fit for me. On a side note I also enjoyed the Cooper STT when I ran on the Disco for 2 yrs +. Good luck!

I love KM2s. But I think you can get a tire just as capable for less money

Thor

Observer
I swapped out 35x12.5 GY MT/R & Steelies for 315/75r16 KM2's with 16x8 alloys. The KM2's balanced so well I can run 85 with out a wobble unlike my MT/R's (they went to a good home and see lots of off road time BTW)

I'm happy with the noise levels and the road handling. Now if I could just get them off road where they want to be! hahahaha!

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Hello Rovers! I can offer up a few comments on the KM2's for ya..........

*In reference to noise between AT KO's and MT KM2's being about the same (an earlier post in this thread)...they are not close on my rig though it could be because they are larger 315's. The KM2's are hummers (pun intended) inside with the windows up and down right LOUD with the windows down. On my 2001 I had 5 sets of AT KO's before making the switch. My Cruiser was a Roklimo, or Trailimo (as Scott Brady wrote) with the AT's. No longer though.

*That said, I have noticed a nice improvement off-road with the KM2's. Despite me doing a lot of crazy stuff for years with the AT's, the KM2's just seem to stick. No more slippage, little noise in the rocks because traction is so good. They just work.

*I didn't buy them for mud use. I bought them because I wanted the Krawler tread pattern that is so famous for molding and conforming to the road surface. Man, that is no lie. These things grip! I highly recommend you spend the extra bucks if you wheel in the rocks. If you DD the rig (I don't in this Cruiser any longer) then you might go for another tire as these are rough at low speeds, noisy, and have a tad of a bumpier ride on the street.

619773704_LfQwH-XL.jpg

616075061_qSQif-XL.jpg

619773759_ARpCS-XL.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior