Big Bend Ranch State Park Trip - Oct 2013

YotaPilot

Adventurer
Nice photos. Looks like you had fun. I think you followed us in on the Oso Loop if you were there October 12th. White FJ and Ford 4x4 Expedition Van? We had a silver pickup behind us for a while. We stayed at Guale 2 which is an amazing campsite. I'll post a link to my website with photos. We had planned to visit the National Park too. The State park is more technical than the National in terms of 4 wheeling, but the national park has more interesting scenery. If you look at my website under ghost towns, you can see some of what's at the NP.

I didn't see anyone else on the Oso loop. We're you in the White Sportsmobile? If so I saw you at the Sauceda ranger station. I was re-filling my water jugs when you drove in. If that was you, I noticed big naval aviator wings on the back. What did/do you fly?

bad luck

Observer
I am glad the tire repair worked for you, I had always heard that punctures in the sidewall couldn't be repaired. Well I guess plugging worked at least for a temporary fix. Great pics and trip report. Thanks

kevint

Adventurer
I will gladly do so. If you make another trip to the Bend, you should consider registering (it's free like ExPo). The group is very generous with advice and all we ask in return is a trip report and a few pictures to tide us over until we can make our next trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78