Big Red XJ starting the "Overland" build

reece146

Automotive Artist
Is Ardbeg still a place to go? I thought it was yahoo central? I have been out of the loop though.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
There was a number of problems a few years back as far as I know, but it's been great every time I went there last year. Not that many people. Though I try not to go up there on a Canadian holiday weekend so that may be part of it.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Got my new front Bilstein 5160's delivered yesterday. I'll be installing them tonight. This pic is of them fully extended on a 4' table for reference. Extended length eye to eye is 31", collapsed is 18".
IMG_622132637883864.jpeg

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
Loving this shocks. I have the Advanced Adapters HD SYE in my XJ, same unit as that one basically. Works awesome in combination with CV (Double Cardan) front DS from a Cherokee. I have a spare front, so in total 3 front DS...cheap to find and so far, mine is stock length.

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Got a chance to test out the new shocks this weekend, I'm very pleased with how they perform. I really want to start putting time into my camping equipment soon, but don't have a warm place to work on it. My new JCR rear bumper was delivers the other day, and I'm glad I didn't finish the trailer hitch table because the new bumper has a higher receiver. Looking forward to heading out again next weekend!
IMG_20140209_162836_861.jpg

BigRedXJ

Adventurer
Got a few new things going on. Over the weekend I broke to yoke to my front Dana 44. Didn't damage anything else, but I did lose a cap to the u joint on the drive shaft. Will be ordering a new yoke and soon followed by a Tom Woods driveshaft.IMG_20140216_154117_080.jpg
I also got the JCR rear bumper I ordered delivered. Sanded, primed, and first coats of bed liner put on. Finishing that up tonight and installing Saturday.IMG_20140215_121746_248.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998