Big trucks & Tiny Trails...

Falkon

Adventurer
Bill - What happened on that hill? Not enough room.between trees? I found a cool looking trail that i dare not try in my Tundra even though I probably could have made it, but there were a couple of trees that were likely to nick the truck.

One day, I'll have a trail rig that it won't bother me on, but for now, Im pretty limited where I can go. I want to try the waller again now that I've got new wheels/tires and a small lift.

If I were to do it again, id split the money I spent on the Tundra between a cheap commuter car and a trail rig i could wrench on and not be too concerned about beating it up.

As far as the OP, will be pretty limited on where you can go in a big rig. Out west is another story, but here in the south, most trails are too skinny.

- Chris

Surfy

Adventurer
A Land Cruiser 200 may not be a real full size truck, or is one of the smaller one.

But i get allready some scratches on both sides. I chose not to care about this - it will happen anyway.

You just have to look after a good deal for paint it, when you want to sell.

Better be relaxed, otherwise you cant enjoy the tracks..

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Bill - What happened on that hill? Not enough room.between trees?
...As far as the OP, will be pretty limited on where you can go in a big rig. Out west is another story, but here in the south, most trails are too skinny.

- Chris
The trail was made by and used mostly by Jeeper/rock-crawlers; the ledges and trees were spaced to their dimensions.
My wheelbase was too long and wide.
I got a little stuck on two fairly easy ledges that I would've hopped up in my old JK without missing a beat. But in the PW, I had the front axle against one ledge and the back axle against the other --- perfectly spaced. And no room side to side at all; there was a bank on the left and stump on the right.
Steve Springs was spotting me from the front and Pat Harris from the back.
I finally made it up by sacrificing my passenger side rocker on the stump.

There's a vid somewhere of it.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
ExpoRally07.jpg

5842684666_9cf29c231b_b.jpg

attachment.php

I think that Jody from U-Joint shot the vid but I can't find it.

crismateski

American Adventurist
Full sizes are awesome, the trick is to fold in your mirrors

file-7.jpg

and learn to love the sound of your skid plates and make turns like Austin Powers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle