Blaz's 2005 blazer

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Blaz, you sure have a lot of fingers going up there. Do all you Blazer drivers get `Fliping the Bird´training?:ylsmoke:

blaz

Adventurer
The pics were steini inspired. I hope he gets a laugh from them! I guess there have been a few issues with the blazer lately, but that is life. I fixed it all myself and spent less than $1000. I can only imagine what a shop would have charged. It costs $100 just for a scan around here. i think it is time to do some wheeling again.

Great pics... :victory:

I think if we`d have to pay a shop for the work we do to our trucks, we had to be millionairs... :Wow1: :ylsmoke:

blaz

Adventurer
I had a chance to mount and wire the Hellas.

hellas.jpg

The 3 lights are drawing 14 amps.

blaz

Adventurer
I went and got some pics tonight.
Lows
lights001.jpg

Highs
lights002.jpg

Lows and Hellas
lights003.jpg

Highs and Hellas
lights004.jpg

Highs and Hellas
lights005.jpg

The pics don't really give the full effect. It should be way better driving in the bush at night.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Quadbeam mod (for high beam DRL) . If you have low beam DRL just ground the yellow wire.

At some point you might consider converting the Hellas to HID. DDM tuning has the kit for $45 . If you need another kit for the third light, get one of the motorcycle kits (single lamp) for another $27.50. The 35W kit will conserve some power and more than double the light output that you have now. Choose your bulb type and color. I prefer the 6000k as it is very close to the color of daylight. Google around and you should find a small discount code. I found one from a PT Cruiser forum IIRC. That saved a couple bucks.
This will likely give you high/low function too. That might be interesting. The difference in focal point might come in handy?

It looks like you have the HIR in the highs? Those are fantastic. Did you convert your old highbeam bulbs to fit the low socket using the same trick to fit the HIR in the highs? That gets your lows up the the lumens of a HIR low beam bulb. Another great upgrade. Much of that is documented in this thread : S-10CREWCAB.NET - Headlamp Replacement Bulbs.

lowquadhid.jpg

Low (w/highbeam halogenbulbs) / Quad (HIR highbeams) / Quad w/HID

hi%20hid.jpg

Quad / Quad w/HID

The HID will give you good useable light out 1/2 mile. Excellent for higher speed offroad driving. There is just no substitute. I put a pair of my 35W HID against six of Reed's KC 150W lights and the difference was night and daylight.

Last edited:

blaz

Adventurer
Thanks guy. I will have to look in to those mods. I don't like messing with the factory wiring if I don't have to.

I had a busy couple of days.

I made up some swaybar disconnects. I don't know if I wil get much use out of them, but I needed new rubber anyway.

disconnects003.jpg

disconnects006.jpg

I also changed the fluid in the rear diff. The breather hose is gone. Project for tomorrow.

disconnects008.jpg

The biggest PITA were the U joints. I figured I should change the factory ones because there is no way I could change them on the trail. If anyone has delt with the plastic retaining method you know my pain. I had it down pretty good by the last one.

The maintanance continues.

On a side note I now have a spare T-case and 2 spare front CV's.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Always good with some urethane bushings Blaz. But tell me, what is the hidden meaning with your diff cover signiature? :Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman