Blitz can spout (reaserch and development)

dirty Bakers

Conservative
Hey folks I'm doing some research and development for a product that I have been working on for a while now. If you would be so kind as to reply back it would really help me move to the next stage for my product, Production!

-Do you use the blitz style jerry can?

-Have you had trouble finding a spout that you are satisfied with?

-If there was a spout that functioned as it should and was built of quality materials would you purchase one/use the blitz style jerry can?

Thank you
JLb

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
The inside diameter & threading inside of a Sceptre Gas can match the threading of the Blitz Jerry can.

I know there are a lot of Sceptre can owners that may want one as well.

-Ben

Antichrist

Expedition Leader
Do you use the blitz style jerry can?
I used to, but the NATO cans are far superior.
Have you had trouble finding a spout that you are satisfied with?
Yes
If there was a spout that functioned as it should and was built of quality materials would you purchase one/use the blitz style jerry can?
No. If you'd asked me 20 years ago, I would have said yes, in a heartbeat. In case that's some consolation ;)

my jerry can is cracked paint, and rusting and leaks when full. If I had a spout that didnt leak all over my feet when I used it, I would be happier to continue using it, but would be far happier with a scepter can. Plastic dosnt rust.

Last edited:

James86004

Expedition Leader
Hey folks I'm doing some research and development for a product that I have been working on for a while now. If you would be so kind as to reply back it would really help me move to the next stage for my product, Production!

-Do you use the blitz style jerry can?

-Have you had trouble finding a spout that you are satisfied with?

-If there was a spout that functioned as it should and was built of quality materials would you purchase one/use the blitz style jerry can?

Thank you
JLb

Yes

Yes, and I gave up and just use a Super Siphon to get fuel out of it. The cap still leaks, even with new seals.

If you can come up with a cap that doesn't leak, I might consider it. In the meantime, I got two NATO cans for Christmas, and as soon as I modify my rack to take them, the Blitz cans are getting retired.

dirty Bakers

Conservative
well if you guys are retiring the blitz cans send them to me ha ha. I have a few Ideas for a new cap but that will take some time.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
Yes, I have used Blitz and they do work, but not as nicely as the NATO. However, you can still by blitz and don't have to use the CARB/CHILD nozzles.

Now I have a Blitz nozzle that does not screw in. It has a large rubber gasket on the end and is expanded when you depress a lever. No worries about cross threads or screwing it down tight enough.

Works great, but I have not seen them for years.

luk4mud

Explorer
I use blitz b/c the rack I have only accepts them. All known nozzles on the market really ******k. PLEASE make one that gets more gas in the tank than in my pants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior