Bought a 2014 Tundra tonight...

huntsonora

Explorer
After a ton of research and after looking at every other full sized option out there I traded in my 2011 4Runner Trail Edition for a 2014 Tundra TRD CrewMax 4x4. I like the new body style and I LOVE the new interior

In the end it came down to the fact that I was comfortable in this truck, it has room for my growing family and the deal I got. I was shopping for a 2013 as they were allegedly offering good deals but I could not find one in white that wasn't a limited or a platinum and they were still in the $42k-$45k range after discounts. The MSRP on the one I bought was $41k and I got them down to $37k. They then gave me $30k for my 2011 4Runner Trail Edition and I didn't owe very much on it works out good. My 4Runner is 3 years old and has 45,000 miles on it. This is one of the reasons I went back to the Tundra. These vehicles just retain so much value

I test drove the silver truck because the white Tundra I was interested in had just come off the delivery truck and had not been run through the shop yet.

I liked the silver Tundra quite a bit but I pinstripe em up pretty good on the ranches I hunt so I went with white. I haven't even driven it yet and it has exactly 7 miles on it right now

I dont have any immediate plans for it other than tires. I just put a set of DuraTracs on my 4Runner and am having them taken off tomorrow and the stock tires that I kept are going back on. I will sell those and get a new set on the Tundra asap

BretEdge

Adventurer
Congratulations! I'm also considering a Tundra in the Crewmax configuration but not as an imminent purchase as I'm hoping they'll drop a diesel in one that gets better mileage than the gas motors. I'll be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the rig after you've got some time with it. Sure is a good looking truck. Enjoy it!

montypower

Adventure Time!
I'm also considering a Tundra in the Crewmax configuration but not as an imminent purchase as I'm hoping they'll drop a diesel in one that gets better mileage than the gas motors.

Hard to complain about the mileage. My 2010 averaged over 16mpg over 10,000 miles (mixed driving). It got about 19mpg on the hwy including climbing the mountain passes. 5.7L exceptional motor.

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Hard to complain about the mileage. My 2010 averaged over 16mpg over 10,000 miles (mixed driving). It got about 19mpg on the hwy including climbing the mountain passes. 5.7L exceptional motor.

Never seen 19 even on flat highway. What gears on yours? 4x4? Love the engine and towing capacity but gas mileage sucks and more often than not that is the main complaint from everything I have read.

Like the look of the new CrewMax, the pics make it look like the bed is a little longer than the current one, is that just an illusion?

Guri

Explorer
Welcome to the Tundra family!

Congrats on the new truck, welcome to the Tundra family! :wings:
One of the plus in the 2014 is the relocation of the electrical tow connector, on my truck, the connector has been replaced because it has been busted on off road.
I hope you enjoy it with a lot of miles to come!

austintaco

Explorer
If I were to buy a Tundra today, it would be just like yours. Sounds like you got a great price on the truck.

AxleIke

Adventurer
Congrats, I love the new face lift. Looks a lot better IMO.

Also curious about mileage. Looks awesome though!

atwalz

Congratulations!!!. You are going to like the new interior layout and supposedly Toyota has improved the suspension on this model year. Enjoy!!!.

bigwapitijohnny

Adventurer
Congratulations...

You are going to love the Tundra platform. Sounds like your current family needs are pretty similar to mine. My expectations have been far exceeded by my rig. I have meticulously built this from the base version that came from the factory, and I would do it again without hesitation. Post up a build thread so we can partake in the build process...

** Picture below is from a trip to Southern Colorado going through Medano pass...**

Enjoy! and Congrats again!

Regards,

BWJ

steelheadbum

Adventurer
Love the Tundra...that being said I just don't see the value for $$. I cant see spending 40k+ for a gas engine rig. Lol but this is coming from someone who has more invested in a 2002 E350 4x4 7.3 then what you spent on your new rig :confused:.
Nice Rig
Buck

The Redneck Mexican
2002 E350 7.3 PSD 4x4 8inch lift pop top conversion....

MotoDave

Explorer
Love the Tundra...that being said I just don't see the value for $$. I cant see spending 40k+ for a gas engine rig.

You havent priced a comparable diesel truck new lately, have you? Crew cab 4x4, you're probably looking at $50k for a ram, more for a ford or chevy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger