Bought a 4th gen 4runner, help me spend some money!

hitek79

Explorer
Picked up a 4Runner this evening. 2003 SR5 V6 with 116k miles. Toyota mechanic owned, and it's virtually flawless minus the hail damage it just got 3 weeks ago. Easy fix on that though. Has a 3 inch OME lift already, and wheels and tires. I spent well under my budget, so I have some cash for a bumper, a roof rack, and maybe some other goodies. Seems like the choices are endless on those things, so let me know what you have or like, and help me make a decision. Thanks!

13653455_10209005027550477_5041144256255922361_o.jpg

zidaro

Explorer
gorgeous!
Built up nicely already for a start.
Id start out with some sliders to protect it off road or parking lot. Enjoy it, see what you need.
Prinsu Design makes a sweet rack, I'm saving up for one.

zidaro

Explorer
another huge resource for the 4th gen. t4r.
http://www.toyota-4runner.org

and don't forget- the 4th gen, 5th gen, and FJCruiser share the same chassis/suspension platform. Many things are completely interchangeable The 05+ Tacoma also shares the same front suspension.

Feel free to stalk my build below. White Knuckle Sliders is #1, and maybe a front Runner rack or PrinsuRack.

Then I'd recommend Pelfrybuilt, Shockworks, or my personal favorite: Relentless fabrication for a front bumper.

hitek79

Explorer
Ordered the sliders. Probably doing the pelfrybuilt bumper next. Can't decide about the roof rack though. I like the Gobi, but the price is really high compared to the Prinsu. Might keep searching on that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78