Bought, not Built. My 2000 4Runner

hilgeg

Thank-you! 4 of the doubles will be ordered today - although I've heard that IFS trucks may as well not disconnect the front. Mine are all worn and might as well be replaced by superior products at less than OEM prices. How are you liking those Hankook's? (little early to review but they sure look nice!)

richmeyer

Observer
So far I quite like them. I had the Hankook all terrain tires before and liked them as well. Figured I'd stick with what I know. Though the deals on MTRs and KM2s that Discount was running on line made for a tough decision. For a mud tire, they are pretty quiet and handle decently. Hoping to get a chance to get them off pavement this weekend, I'll post up my thoughts then. They do rub a bit but nothing some creative hammering wont take care of. One thing I can say for sure is that I'm glad I went with the 295s over the 285s. They walk that great line between the ease of the 33" and look of the 35", without all the work to get the 35" to fit.

Question for you, I see in your sig that youre S/C with URD, is that the 7th injector kit? If so, what fuel map are you running?

hilgeg

I wish I had the 7th injector kit - much easier to tune. I'm running the 6 injector kit with the 318cc injectors with a Snow Performance water/meth kit to make up for my weak spots. The map is Gadget's starter one with a little more fuel from 3500 rpm and up and a little more timing added back. The water/meth kit offsets the 2.2 inch URD pulley enough I don't have to adjust much. I've had it on the vehicle for 80,000 miles now with no major problems. I did have IPT do the tranny valve body but it makes for a fun ride on 285's.

I may have to try 295's next...but I'll have to check out what type of lift you have that allows them to fit!

pwr2lbs

Observer
Though I saw you driving down Richards RD the other day sometime after 6pm. Or at least it was a rig that looked a lot like yours.

richmeyer

Observer
Yup, probably me. I live in that area. Coming from the VW world, I used to wave at other "built" yotas but it doesnt seem to be the thing to do with the yota guys. Anywhoo, I'll give you a wave next time i see you.

hilgeg

Gotcha - I'm a little short for 295's then. Currently F: Toytec/Bils coilovers, R: 890/Bils w/ trim-packers and no body lift. I'll add a one inch BL to the wishlist before new tires.
Thank-you again for the help! Discos on order.

pwr2lbs

Observer
Yup, probably me. I live in that area. Coming from the VW world, I used to wave at other "built" yotas but it doesnt seem to be the thing to do with the yota guys. Anywhoo, I'll give you a wave next time i see you.

Will do to, if I am not out of it tired. My ride is silver 4 door Taco, black wheels, and front off road bumper.

richmeyer

Observer
Will do to, if I am not out of it tired. My ride is silver 4 door Taco, black wheels, and front off road bumper.

I hear you on the tired part. If I'm on Richards, I'm usually tired and pissed because I've been sitting in traffic for too long.

On a lighter note, I finished the install of my rear swaybar bushings. Honestly, some of the best money Ive spent on the truck yet. And it was only 20 bux. Helps around town handling ten-fold. Combined with the dual discos, best of both worlds. No pics because I had to drill 3 of the 4 holes due to snapped bolt heads. Not fun. And not a pretty solution either...

Nebel

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I'm from the VAG work as well! A little over ten years of it!

Anyway, nice 4runner!

Have you gotten anywhere on the retrofit's, yet?

I've done two sets, so far.

TSX' for my mk4 TDI Jetta, and TL's in eBay sealed beams for my last Raider. Gonna make another set for this Raider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger