Box Rocket 1995 FZJ80 Build

Box Rocket

I'll get some pics posted tomorrow, but I got the new tires mounted. 315/75R16 Goodyear MTR Kevlars. Also got my custom rear bumper/tire carrier pulled off my '93 and cleaned up. Stripped it down and repainted it and got it all mounted up on the '95. I must say the truck is really starting to take shape.
Next up is getting the suspension swapped. Then sliders and the roofrack and it's ready to rock. Should have it all dialed in by the end of January.

Box Rocket

Here's some pics of the updates over the last few days. Some new 315s on the factory wheels. I'll be stripping and repainting the wheels in the next couple weeks just to get them cleaned up and looking nice. I also have a set of 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers that will go on just to widen the stance a little.

A few pics of the rear bumper. This thing took some elbow grease to get all cleaned up, but it turned out nice I think. I need to make final adjustment to the latch but it's all working well. This was a bumper kit designed by Wildyoats and there were about a dozen kits made a few years ago. I'm glad I got one of them while they were available. I really like the lines of the bumper and it works great.

Finally a couple better photos of the ARB front bumper. This bumper is 15 years old and shows it. It took a lot of work to clean it up and there is a little pitting on the top surface, but it's still structurally sound. A winch will be added at some point but I like the clean front face and it will look nice with a haws fairlead.

The front of the bumper was tough to get totally smooth so I did what I could to get it close and then used some scraps of carbon fiber vinyl I had and laid it down across the front. Turned out pretty good I think.

johnboytrd

Gj man, looking clean. Carbon fiber vinyl is a nice touch. Glad I came across your new build here. You're like 0-60 with this one :) I guess you have the parts so why not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rc51kid

Adventurer
Here's some pics of the updates over the last few days. Some new 315s on the factory wheels. I'll be stripping and repainting the wheels in the next couple weeks just to get them cleaned up and looking nice. I also have a set of 1.5" spidertrax wheel spacers that will go on just to widen the stance a little.

A few pics of the rear bumper. This thing took some elbow grease to get all cleaned up, but it turned out nice I think. I need to make final adjustment to the latch but it's all working well. This was a bumper kit designed by Wildyoats and there were about a dozen kits made a few years ago. I'm glad I got one of them while they were available. I really like the lines of the bumper and it works great.

Finally a couple better photos of the ARB front bumper. This bumper is 15 years old and shows it. It took a lot of work to clean it up and there is a little pitting on the top surface, but it's still structurally sound. A winch will be added at some point but I like the clean front face and it will look nice with a haws fairlead.

The front of the bumper was tough to get totally smooth so I did what I could to get it close and then used some scraps of carbon fiber vinyl I had and laid it down across the front. Turned out pretty good I think.

In these pictures are you still using the Ranchero 2.5" lift? Any chance you could measure the center hub to edge of the flair for me? I really like the way the 315s fit with that height. I would like to see if yours is sitting much higher than mine. Thanks

Box Rocket

I'll try to get some measurements tonight when I get home. Yes, it still has the 2.5" Rancho springs on it in these pics. Normal everyday driving has been just fine, I haven't had it offroad yet with these tires but I would suspect a little rubbing with the suspension fully flexed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior