Brad's Consolidated King Kamper Trailer Thread

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Hi Brad, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack - have'nt been here for a while ae!! Dude, you're gonna hate this bit,being in the land where ya don't get 'proper' Toyota 4WDs, but I sold the mighty Lux - brought something else for yanking round my KK. Did 3500kms down South early this year with it behind. Dunno how to post pics, but its here - http://www.newlandcruiser.net/myshed.php?view=1&id=1023 - Landcruiser No.10........:) V8 diesel turbo - intercooled, ummm, more grunt than a wild pig...........even though it weights 3000kg as its now setup.(Oh, & solid axle in front!!) Few pics of other stuff there too - my bad, got told I can'nt own more than 3 80 series Cruisers at a time - pic will show 3 of the 5 Ive had.......!! Hope all is goooooooooood for ya anyway.

Cheers ears.

Welcome back! I wish I had 3500 miles of outings this year....maybe next year. :sombrero:

I checked out your pics. Sweet Cruiser and your right, that would be the perfect tow rig. Oh well, my little 4Runner isn't complaining yet and it has gotten me back to where I want to be so far. I'll probably keep dragging my "wrong sided KK" around with it until it dies. I tend to keep vehicles for several years until they kick their feet into the air before I move on. :sombrero:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Keeping it alive :)

I have an annual "pig hunting" trip I take 8-12 friends out on. The quotes are because over the last 20 years of doing this our interest in harvesting pigs has waned and we now more enjoy the social camping in remote areas and just seeing each other again. :sombrero:

Our six day camp was in Turkey Creek Arizona near the Arivaipa wilderness area. This year brought a an arctic cold snap that dropped the temps to 9 degrees F. Knowing that ahead a time and being able to cut at least a cord of oak while in camp we stayed warm. The typical temp in the tent was 75 degrees and the dogs appreciated it. :elkgrin:

1181698328_UPEpe-XL.jpg

1181709779_P7WBe-XL.jpg

1181717858_JtMLP-XL.jpg

1181701109_mjpQt-XL.jpg

1192982890_6sAEz-X2.jpg

Last edited:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks Eric. It's a lot of work to set up the full "MASH unit" but in the cold and a long stay it make a very comfy shelter. The Dogs loved it as much as we did. Sometime they would stick their head out the door, look around, see how cold it was and go right back and lay down by the stove. :elkgrin:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Thanks Ryan. It saved our butts on this trip due to the very unusual cold snap. One guy left a 5 gal water jug outside and it froze solid by morning. We lined up all the water jugs inside the KK canvas along the back of the trailer to keep them from freezing.

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
Time for a new home :)

Well I said you would have to pry this out of my cold dead hands. Let the prying begin. :elkgrin:

My wife and I decided to upgrade to the hard sided Kimberley Karavan so I'll be posting up a for sale thread for my current King Kamper set up with all the bells and whistles including the wood stove and Waeco 84Qt fridge.

Here's the link to the for sale thread: Brad's KK for sale thread

There aren't many of these in the US and new ones have to come from Australia so finding used ones in the US can be challenging.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
God I hate you.....

but am thrilled to death for you!! can't wait to see it!!

Congratz, that's the one and only heavyweight world champion fo' sho'!!

:victory:

Tucson T4R

Expedition Leader
I cleaned all my personal stuff out of the KK last weekend and fluffed it up for the new owner who will be picking it up in a couple weeks. :(

That felt strange after all camping trips I have taken it on.

On the brighter side. I have agreed on the configuration of the new Karavan and it looks like it will be built in late May and start swimming North in June. :wings:

More details when everything is moving along.

Honu

lost on the mainland
Congrats to the both of you :)
Someone got a great kamper :) and someones getting a great karavan

Cant wait to see the karavan :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger