Brand New NATO Jerry Cans for sale

Eventhough

Explorer
Has anyone here actually purchased from these guys yet?

Looks like they are in Yerington, NV. As luck would have it, I will be traveling through there in a few weeks. Id love to stop in to pick up a few items, and save on the shipping.

I tried finding them using google streets, but I cannot seem to find a store front. I wonder if it is only wed based.

Ill have to call them...

If you buy 4 shipping is free - so no worries about saving on shipping.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
I dont want the 5 gallon ones though.

Im looking at the smaller ones. 2 of them for my Subaru would be ideal.

Beowulf

Expedition Leader
LittleDilly,

They take the standard Wedco NATO Nozzles. If you want the absolute best nozzle ever created for the NATO cans try this one. But, you have to have the large fuel opening on your gas tank or a reducer on the nozzle.

shpicfile.php

http://www.pinzgauer.com/showdetails.php?cat=surplus&partno=SAV4220

mikelite80

Adventurer
Well crap this thread just cost me at least $100!

I got 4 water and 4 gas before the ban, but always wanted a couple little ones. Prefect size for carrying some water and fuel in the truck instead of the big 20L.

Like someone else said I've also carried a loaded gas inside my 4runner and NEVER noticed even a hint of order. I also carry them on there side every day. Never a drip!

Mike

Woodsman

Adventurer
I bought a four pack of the new 20L cans and they look great. I haven't taken them on any trips yet or carried them in any way other than vertical. I did learn to open the top really slowly as the first one spit a bunch of gas at me . . . but missed. :smiley_drive:

They also sell refurbs in various colors but for less $$$.

INSAYN

Adventurer
I bought four 20L cans with free shipping from them, and mine are just like the ones in the original post. Also grabbed four extra seals, and a nozzle. Mine don't have the "Not for fuel" stamp on them, so I'm going to run them as is, just like I've done with my ATV fuel jugs that are random colors. :shakin::shakin:

wcdu

Observer
I know I had another thread on this but perhaps none of you guys spotted that one. I also bought four of the cans which are marvelous. The nozzle leaked big time. They made my old blitz cans and nozzles look good in comparison. I thought I might be doing something wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Youngunner

Adventurer
They are technically "online only". The German gentleman that owns the company does not like walk-ins. The staff are very friendly, and were willing to let me and my buddy take a peek around, despite the boss showing up and them getting into a little trouble. I have 4 of the new cans, one small 1 gallon can and I just hand picked six of the used cans from the pile outside the business, there were so many!!!!!. I'm thinking about going to get another dozen or so of the used cans. Most are in fair condition, but i spent a good 1/2 hour getting the very best ones. I also picked up a 20 L water bladder and a swiss army folding shovel (both of which i highly recommend). Excellent customer service.

They did have a few brand new, shiny RED, YELLOW, and BLUE Nato cans. Yes, brand new. Way too bling bling for me tho....

Youngunner

Adventurer
I know I had another thread on this but perhaps none of you guys spotted that one. I also bought four of the cans which are marvelous. The nozzle leaked big time. They made my old blitz cans and nozzles look good in comparison. I thought I might be doing something wrong.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,

Sometimes you have to find the sweet spot for the locking clasps that clamp the nozzle to can. If you push past the tightest spot (to what you think is all the way clamped, it is actually a little looser. Seems to work for me with just a couple of drops spilt.

Woodsman

Adventurer
I highly recommend Super Siphons for anyone using jerry cans, especially those with troublesome or leaky spouts. It can also come in handy to help others on the trail.

INSAYN

Adventurer
Since I am lazy and will be storing my cans in the bed of my Tacoma anyways, I have purchased and plan to do my fuel swilling with a 1/2" Simple Siphon.

I ordered their combo pack of two 1/2", one 1/4", as well as ordered a 1" Big Gulp. These work really well and keep the drips in control. :victory:

http://www.simplesiphon.com/products/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan