Bruiser 4BT Cummins Conversion - No Affiliation

x32792

Adventurer
They have to advertise it as offroad only as it is not EPA approved.

Interesting point. The 4BT burns anything AND I've seen youtube of one of their conversions driving around in Clearwater, Florida, BUT this doesn't mean their conversions can get registered and plated.

JDaPP

Adventurer
For the most part Florida does not have very strict rules for vehicle conversions and registration (no smog checks or vehicle checks as long as you have the appropriate paperwork), so if he already had a tag he probably doesn't need to do anything else.

X-plorenow

Adventurer
That's correct. If the county you live in doesn't do emissions testing diesel swaps are easy. It's all the other areas that are an issue.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Pardon me for being pedantic, but, strictly speaking and all that... :)

Keep in mind that EPA rules, being Federal, are the same for all states. If a particular state doesn't require periodic inspections, smog tests, etc, then you probably won't get caught, but it is still illegal to put a engine that hasn't been approved by the EPA in a road-going vehicle.

I couldn't care less, but just wanted to put this out there so folks will know. Some seem to be under the impression that just because you can get a state registration, you're golden. But there is still a risk, ever so slight, that the Feds could confiscate your rig and everything in it...

X-plorenow

Adventurer
Pardon me for being pedantic, but, strictly speaking and all that... :)

Keep in mind that EPA rules, being Federal, are the same for all states. If a particular state doesn't require periodic inspections, smog tests, etc, then you probably won't get caught, but it is still illegal to put a engine that hasn't been approved by the EPA in a road-going vehicle.

I couldn't care less, but just wanted to put this out there so folks will know. Some seem to be under the impression that just because you can get a state registration, you're golden. But there is still a risk, ever so slight, that the Feds could confiscate your rig and everything in it...

Yes, you are correct.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger