Budget Travel

Superu

Explorer
Nice Subie!

If you change your mind on the lift, they are more readily available stateside for your model year than mine. So, you won't need to source a kit from Australia. :ylsmoke:

Nice job on the sleeping platform. I repurposed the spare tire well on mine as well since my oversized A/T spare won't fit anyway.

Keep us posted on any new mods or adventures.

Cheers,
Bill

Dale

Adventurer
@ Superu. I would like to get rid of the snow plow and add a real bumper with smaller fog lights and maybe a few skid plates. I am on my 3rd replacemet lamp at $80 piece, road cinders keep breaking them.

Superu

Explorer
@ Superu. I would like to get rid of the snow plow and add a real bumper with smaller fog lights and maybe a few skid plates. I am on my 3rd replacemet lamp at $80 piece, road cinders keep breaking them.

I've long been considering a similar mod that would involve fitting a very basic aftermarket Jeep Wrangler front bumper in place existing aluminum bumper and plastic cover.

Need to measure the spacing between my bumper mounts and that of the Wrangler. A quick visual of the one parked next to my Subie at work makes me think it would be close.

It would dramatically improve my approach angle, that's for sure. :smiley_drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12