Build/History Video Thread: 2018 4runner TRD ORP - New vid added 8/7

sissupr

New to the overland forums and to trucks in general. I'm hoping to document and build lasting memories in my family's used (new to us) 2018 4runner ORP w/4,600 miles and good amount of modifications from the previous owner on this board. Amazing guy and I wanted to continue to work on it and find a forum to document my progress, questions, adventures, gear reviews, etc.

I'll be documenting my adventures as I learn about this whole new arena. I come from owning a performance shop for over 10 years modifying European cars, drag racing, etc. In this world I plan to enjoy this a bit more with the family and learn from other members in the community to hopefully have that 'outdoor' bond with the family is the main goal as they start to get older. No phones, iPads, or useless electronics that keep all of us a way from spending time with each other. My kids are 2, 6, and 10... and my amazing and beautiful wife is excited about our new adventures together as a family...

Here are a couple videos on YouTube... more to come. Shameless plug, but if you like it, hit that sub!, if you don't... hit that thumbs down twice for me! :)

Looking forward to joining the community and adding content, learning from other seasoned members, and just plain out enjoy the outdoors!

Our 1st Truck - Modified 2018 Toyota 4runner TRD Off Road - THE Pick Up (Part 1)

Modified 2018 Toyota TRD Off Road Premium 4runner - THE Walk Around (Part 2)

Toyota 4runner Creaking/Squeaking - What is it? What do you think? Total Chaos UCA.

?

Joe from NorCal

Islandchanel

Nice setup! I want to get a dual battery set up. Are you able to fit all the car seats easily? I got a third row 4runner but sometimes wish u would have went with the off road version.

sissupr

I have a 2y old, 6y and a 10y. I have one huge car seat and a booster with a back. The kids fit in there nicely with room to spare. It's not tight for them at this age, very comfortable. It also helps the back is a 60/40 split, so the older two can recline the 60% seat as well.

Quick update on the uniballs. I went to Diablo Offroad in Walnut Creek, CA. Cliff is awesome. Took his time and addressed the rubbing I was hearing in the video. It was the tires hitting the fender! Anyway, he ended up checking everyone out with the UCA's and sprayed them down with motorcycle lube. Not sure what it was, but it wasn't The crc dry lube.

Lastly, he ended up putting a spacer upfront to address my ride side KdSS lean. It was so annoying to see it the car leaning, and even in the cabin. It was off close to 2 inches lower on the passenger side of the vehicle. I did try the bleeder valve trick and placing a board under the left side... that didn't work... I'm glad the spacer did the trick!

Last edited:

sissupr

A lot of PMs on a doing a quick video build update... literally a quick 2 min video for anyone that's interested in seeing the progress.

?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eclipse179