Build Thread: '05 Tacoma for Search & Rescue

soonenough

Explorer
The truck looks great! I love that shot of the truck crossing that stream.

Are you still running the 255/85s? Have you been able to work out any more of the bugs with the tires rubbing?

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
The truck looks great! I love that shot of the truck crossing that stream.

Are you still running the 255/85s? Have you been able to work out any more of the bugs with the tires rubbing?

Yes, still running the 255/85's. Haven't bothered to address the rubbing since it is so minor. I have to go ALL the way to lock to get a little rub. Let off even a smidge and it stops rubbing so it wasn't worth messing with.

Stan the Man

Adventurer
Can you get some pictures of those 10w solstices fired up? I'd like to see how well they light up the road. If you can do one pair, then all of them together?

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
Can you get some pictures of those 10w solstices fired up? I'd like to see how well they light up the road. If you can do one pair, then all of them together?

I'll see what I can do. All six are wired to the same switch so it will probably be all or nothing.

Here is a link to a thread on another forum with some pics:

Pirate4x4.com Thread

- DH

Last edited:

Stan the Man

Adventurer
Sounds good DH. I'm trying to see if they'd be bright enough replace my KC slimlites, but from the numbers on vision x's website, they don't put out as many lumens with just one pair.

I'd still like to see pictures though, thank you.

EXP-T100

Adventurer
Stan the man did you look over the entire pirate thread?? it has lots of pic of the lights on at night.

Your truck is looken good Dark Helmet. I dig the viston x lights i am thinking of getting the two of the "ELLIPTICAL BEAM" for back lights plus 10% with the pirate code :wings:
keep up the good work!

Josh

Stan the Man

Adventurer
Stan the man did you look over the entire pirate thread?? it has lots of pic of the lights on at night.

Your truck is looken good Dark Helmet. I dig the viston x lights i am thinking of getting the two of the "ELLIPTICAL BEAM" for back lights plus 10% with the pirate code :wings:
keep up the good work!

Josh

Yeah, I saw those pictures before I asked for more. I'd like to see how Dark's setups shines.

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
Toytec rear shims installed and driveline vibration significantly reduced at freeway speeds. A 5mm ARB trim packer installed at front driver side to try and level the truck. I need about another 3/4" though.

CBI bolt on sliders ordered today! Nathan had them in stock and on sale! He was hoping to have the powder coated today and shipped tomorrow. That would get them to Boise before the weekend! I have a trip planned this weekend that they might be needed. Did a SAR mission last weekend and found our missing guy with his Bronco in a creek trying to cross a washout. My partner and I found him after we scouted ahead to see if we could drive through the washout. Unfortunately it was blocked by a Bronco :). But I think we can actually get through it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306299373.278201.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306299373.278201.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 245
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306299395.810189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306299395.810189.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 130
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306299414.692189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306299414.692189.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 124

getoutside

Observer
DarkHelmet,

nice looking rig brother, since you are fmailiar with the toytec site you should look at the 3/4" spacers for the front. Not completely sure they will work with your setup but worth a look anyway.

Toytec rear shims installed and driveline vibration significantly reduced at freeway speeds. A 5mm ARB trim packer installed at front driver side to try and level the truck. I need about another 3/4" though.

CBI bolt on sliders ordered today! Nathan had them in stock and on sale! He was hoping to have the powder coated today and shipped tomorrow. That would get them to Boise before the weekend! I have a trip planned this weekend that they might be needed. Did a SAR mission last weekend and found our missing guy with his Bronco in a creek trying to cross a washout. My partner and I found him after we scouted ahead to see if we could drive through the washout. Unfortunately it was blocked by a Bronco :). But I think we can actually get through it.

sk8rjess

moar moar moar! i love this build. the light bulb kit is actually a great idea.. my main thing is lighting and i can't believe i don't carry any spares.

any updates? i know your main activity on this thread was in 2009, then you popped back up in the last few days for a reply post.

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
CBI Sliders Installed

Finally found the time to drill and install. Required a small amount of brake line rerouting and protecting on the drivers side. Total install time - about 2.5 hours.

6c84ed41.jpg

dabe6256.jpg

597c13cf.jpg

Next up: Repositioning the Vision-X LED lights to their new license plate mount bracket and hopefully getting some Budbuilt skids and a CBI rear bumper.

- DH

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
Jack test complete.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309322925.803663.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309322925.803663.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309322968.105071.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309322968.105071.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50

DarkHelmet