Built 2001 Toyota Tacoma double cab TRD Henderson NV

Vegastoy

Observer
*edit 2/10/16* RTT is sold. I have also decided to keep the ARB fridge and the ARB fridge slide. New price $16000 obo. If someone absolutely had to have the fridge and or slide I'm sure something could be worked out.

So I'm thinking about selling my Tacoma. I have only had it for about 9 months and while I really do enjoy it I think I'm going to try to get into a sportsmobile. This is Sierra expeditions old Tacoma that was for sale on here back in April by aclark79. I flew in to Portland Oregon and drove it back home to Henderson NV, truck ran great no issues at all. As with all the vehicles I buy I spent the first couple months going over it and getting it up to my standards (my friends think I'm OCD, but I just like my stuff to be nice). Below is a link to Aarons for sale thread, it was very informative and had a list of the items that were either not working or needed attention (IDK if this is against any forum rules but if it is I will be glad to take the link out of my post). I have taken care of most of that list and some items that were not on the list. The truck currently has 189K miles and is running great, it doesn't leak a drop of anything. I would not hesitate to drive this truck cross country tomorrow.

http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...b-for-sale-Portland-Oregon?highlight=portland

The following is a list of mods that were on it when I got it:

Shrockworks Front Bumper
LightForce 240 Lights
PIAA 510's
T-Max 9000 competition winch (broken)
SAW Racerunner 2.5 coilovers
Safari Snorkel
Dual Battery system, IBS dual battery system with RBM
Scangauge II
Yeasu FT-7800, head unit mounted in ceiling linner, and speaker, Larson Hood mount.
Uniden Pro 520XL CB radio in the ash tray location, w/ 'lil Wil Mag mount antenna.
CBI offroad Expedition rear bumper, jerry can tire carrier and shovel mount
7 Pin trailer harness
OME Nitrocharger sport rear shocks
OME Dakar Rear springs with Dakar AAL
All Pro greasable shackles
5 tires (BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A) on black ProComp Aluminum wheels (five)
4.88 gears front and rear
Demello Bolt-on Sliders
Spray in bed-liner
Grey wire mod (use e-locker at any time)
Extended rear breather
Vision X LED rock Lights (attached but no controller)
CanBack with snap extenders (in poor condition)
ARB 50QT fridge w/ Fridge Slide (does not currently have a power port to plug into)
Extremeaire Air Compressor with tank
LED Backup lights.
The backup camera is mounted to the spare tire carrier and comes on when in reverse.

The following is a list of items I have done in the 9 months I have owned it:

I replaced the non working winch with a new warn 10k lb winch with synthetic rope. I mounted the solenoid box under the hood on top of the battery and installed some 12volt guy incab winch controls down on the center console by the shifter.
Rear leaf springs were upgraded to All Pro offroad expedition leafs to better handle the weight
OME stock length greasable shackles
Rear bilstein shocks
All Pro U bolt flip kit
Wheelers offroad super bump stops front and rear
New front upper and lower ball joints (OEM Toyota)
New lower control arm bushing (OEM Toyota) what a PITA these were
Installed the steering rack guide update parts from Toyota. These parts remedied a loud clucking noise that was coming from the front end.
Alignment done by Toyota
New Radiator, fan clutch, thermostat, radiator hoses (All OEM Toyota)
Transmission pan was seaping a little fluid so I resealed that with Toyota FIPG.
Front and rear diff fluids changed with Mobil 1 synthetic
Transfercase fluid changed with Mobil 1 synthetic
The brakes pulsated really bad so I replaced the front pads and had the rotors turned
New OEM spark plugs
New spark plug wires
Leer fiberglass camper shell (yes I know it doesn't match but it keeps my gear dry unlike the canback!)
Installed a new OEM black grill and 2 new trim pieces under the headlights
Did a 3M restore kit on the headlights (turned out pretty good IMO)
I took the air compressor and air tank out from the factory spare tire location and put the spare back under the bed. The spare tire mount for the spare is still on the swingout so if the new owner prefers they can put it back on the swingout. I was going to cut the mount off and mount 2 more can mounts to carry a total of 3 cans on the swingout. The air tank was steel and had water sitting in it for some time so I tossed it. The air compressor never seemed to work very good and upon pulling it apart I found a bunch of dirt inside the housing (probably from 10 years of being driven thru rain, mud, dust etc. I cleaned it up and reassembled it, I haven't tested it to see if it's any better or not but it is included in the sale and it's better than nothing. I was going to mount it in the bed next to the battery. I moved the secondary battery from the passenger sided fender well under the hood to the bed. My plan was to do a small buildout of the bed with some storage to contain the battery, air compressor, tools and recovery gear. I haven't gotten that far yet so it's a blank slate for the new owner. The battery and fridge slide are mounted to a 3/4" piece of hard plywood that is mounted to the bed with 4 bolts. Easily removable if the extra space is needed. After my first trip to southern Utah with the truck which ended up being a wet trip I sold the tired old canback and bought a fiberglass camper shell instead. I mounted a LED worklight and paper towel holder to the camper shell hinges. The front suspension was a mess when I got it, it was noisy and boy did it wander. It rides so much better now, drives nice and straight down the road and no more noise.

The following is a list of known issues:

The LED rock lights and rear backup lights are not currently working as they are not hooked up, just need a couple wires run. The rear backup camera stopped working shortly after I got it home. After I got rid of the canback and got a regular camper shell I could see out of the back window again so I took the monitor down and replaced it with a factory rear view mirror. I haven't got around to removing it so the camera and wiring is all still there and if someone wanted to take the time to figure out the issue they could. The Bluetooth on the radio is not working. I can hear the caller but they can't hear me, not really sure what's up with that either. Other than those small items the truck is in perfect working order.

Mechanically the truck is in great condition. The interior is also in good shape with the exception of the drivers seat lumbar tear and a few uncovered holes in the center console behind the 4x4 shifter. It has the J shift transfercase and no ABS (win win in my book)! The paint is in fair condition it cleans up good but it's a little chalky, could definitely benefit from a good buffing. The drivers front fender has some damage from when the lower ball joint let go on the previous owner. Its not horrible but it's not great either... Other than that there is a few small dings, rock chips and desert pin striping but not bad for a 15 year old vehicle that has seen some offroad use. I've tried to describe this the best I can if you have any questions or want a specific picture of anything feel free to contact me. For those looking to fly and buy McCarren airport is 15 minutes from my house!

Yes, I am asking more than Aaron did just 9 months ago but if you add up all the $ I have put into it in a short period of time I think its a fair price. I would like to keep the ARB fridge but for the right price I will include that as well.

John

photo.jpg

Last edited:

Vegastoy

Observer
Thanks for the bump guys!

I'm off work for the next 2 weeks so if someone wanted to buy from out of state I could possibly help with delivery.

Did I mention it was setup to flat tow...? Disconnect 4 bolts on the rear drive shaft and hook up the tow bar!

Vegastoy

Observer
At one point I owned a 69 for a while so I do have a soft spot for them.... I do appreciate the offer but I have to pass. I'm really wanting to get into a sportsmobile.

Nobody want a nice adventure ready double cab Tacoma?

I think for most of the country it is still a little too early to be thinking about great camping/exploring rigs. We don't all get to enjoy warm, dry weather this time of year! :)

Give it time, I think it will do better as it warms up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman