Built / Off Road Oriented FJ40

dieselcruiserhead

16 Years on ExPo. Whoa!!
I have a well built FJ40 that I'm asking $8800 for but am open to offers on. I may also be able to work something out on delivery to most cities in the west. Full description and photos here:
http://andreshoumatoff.smugmug.com/Cars/Built-1966-FJ40

078-L.jpg

I would typically call it slightly more built than your average FJ40 for expedition purposes, however I am aware of several FJ40s built at about the same rate that are used pretty heavily for ExPo use, for example Kurt Williams' (of www.cruiseroutfitters.com) FJ40 is about the same level of build with slightly more streetable tires, and that he has a hard top. It is a great wheeler, it is solid on the highway, it gets fairly poor highway mileage (10-12 mpg estimated), but with a set of radial tires in 35" fashion and some slight modifications, this would actually be a great ExPo truck in my opinion. It also currently does not have a top so you would have to address that. Otherwise, if you are interested in it as it currently is, then consider this a wheeler.

It runs and drives well and has maybe $20K-25K invested into it, full cage, spring over axle with shackle reversal, 1 ton axles, ARB in the rear, 4 wheel disk brakes, EFI v8 and SM420 transmission. It's actually a pretty neat progression of tracking the different work that different shops in the Salt Lake City area characteristically did over the years. FYI I started pricing at about $12K asking and the photos don't do it justice at all, it has very little rust and is totally solid... It passes inspection, doesn't need to pass emissions in most states because its built in a 1966 FJ40.

Let me know if you have any questions. PM, email andreshoumatoff at gmail.com or call 435 631 0021 cell.

thanks, Andre

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears