Bumper Kit!

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
Me again...

I found this company in B.C. that makes bumper kits. They already have one for the Delica.

These guys said they could do a Montero Bumper kit if they can find someone in the Vancover BC area with a Montero.

Anyone interested???

1567473569769.png

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I'll buy one if it had the same specs as the Delica bumper and looked as nice. Looks really well done.

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
The bumper's pretty good for approach angle and it's a little bit lighter weight than the OE bumper, plus it's adjustable for body lifts but since it's a kit that makes it inherently adjustable for whatever since the person assembling it has to make adjustments while they build it. It's not a structural piece of rock armor so it's only about as strong as the stock bumper is, maybe a little bit stronger on the ends but still not something you'd want to push with.

Putting it together was relatively fast since it comes mostly pre-formed, for my own part I hardly had to do anything since Toasty was kind enough to lend his welding talents and all I had to do afterward was grind down the bead and paint it. If I had welded it myself I would have had to spend a lot more time grinding boogers off and filling holes :(

Anyway there are a lot of reasons to have an aftermarket bumper or not to have one, and there are differences in function and form no matter what kind you use, I'm not suggesting anyone should or shouldn't get a particular one. The only point I was trying to get across is the same one that's always existed for Monteros in North America, it's a small market and nobody's selling a lot of anything so it's probably a lot easier to buy a bumper made for something else and adapt it to your Montero than it is to try to have something specifically built for your Montero. I've seen a Ford Ranger aftermarket rock bumper fitted to a Montero Sport for example and it looked like a really clean, aesthetic and functional fit. There's also that Asfir company which makes bumpers for Gen 2.5 Monteros..

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the A.D.D. bumper. I just ordered their winch plate and body lift kit for my 95'. I've emailed him about the skid plates, I need to make sure the transmission one will work with my manual.

Hey man,

I've already contacted them regarding front and rear bumpers. I'm located in Seattle, WA, so its a little bit of a ride up there.
They did quote me on the high end, (because this is the first kit and they need to do a lot of the work themselves) so I've yet to decide if I should go with them...

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
Hey man,

I've already contacted them regarding front and rear bumpers. I'm located in Seattle, WA, so its a little bit of a ride up there.
They did quote me on the high end, (because this is the first kit and they need to do a lot of the work themselves) so I've yet to decide if I should go with them...

What Gen do you drive? I love to see them have an option for a Gen 2 bumper!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998