Busy day at Stumptacos's house!

SEREvince

Adventurer
No he didn't get another Taco! But he did help me with mine, OK really he did all the work and I tried not to create more work by screwing stuff up:xxrotflma

I'm in Germany for some training, so here are the pics from my dorm room. (FYI The Air Force has dorms, The other services have barracks! I love the AF)

I present the new snorkel and the Hella 700FF HIDs!

DSC00104.jpg

The snorkel wasn't too bad, and we were able to replace all the clips I broke off of James' soon to be crushed Taco!

DSC00103.jpg

We (OK, James) wired the lights to the high beams, no switch! Meanwhile I did my best to make a simple job take twice as long!
DSC00105.jpg

When it came to the snorkel I had been running a K&N Intake since day one, and did not have the factory intake any more, so I bought one on TTORA. I thought I had all the parts, but.... nope.
Don't worry James has a mad scientist workshop in his basement and he knows how to use it :hehe:

Yes that is a custom machined piece of Delrin. To replace, whatever is supposed to go there.
DSC00101.jpg

And here is my handy work, an extra spring poly bushing, fits perfectly. I suppose at some point I may track down what actually goes ion these holes.

DSC00102.jpg

One thing I already noticed is my truck is about 30 decibels quiter without the K&N!

Cheers

Vince

Last edited:

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
Cool stuff man... glad you got some pics of it, I totally forgot to get some today. So, now that its dark outside, have you burned out anyones retinas with the new HID Hellas? How do they work?

See ya later,

~James

SAR_Squid79

Explorer
SEREvince said:
I'm in Germany for some training, so here are the pics from my dorm room. (FYI The Air Force has dorms, The other services have barracks! I love the AF)

flipoff3.gif

Yeah - I was dating a chick in the Navy, and she got stationed on an AFB, and I went to visit her. Her barracks (a.k.a. "Dorm") Room was nicer -and bigger- than my apartment!

Damn chAir Force! :suning:

...BTW - Nice work on the Tacoma too!

Rexsname

Explorer
The things in the air intake tube are some sort of sound baffles. The one towards the back of the tube is sort of "J" shaped and the one on the front is a boxy one about 3"x4"x5".

I just installed a Snorkel last weekend and have the K&N FIPK on E-Bay. My wife was ambivilant about the snorkel until she heard how quiet it is!:rolleyes:

REX

SEREvince

Adventurer
stumptaco said:
Cool stuff man... glad you got some pics of it, I totally forgot to get some today. So, now that its dark outside, have you burned out anyones retinas with the new HID Hellas? How do they work?

See ya later,

~James

As you pointed out, that inline fuse is crap. I tried messing with it and it fell apart!

At least it's a easy fix.

Blue is the ground, right? :xxrotflma

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
Ohh you have one of the green Tacos I lust after! Looks great!

I got so excited because there is one for sale down the street from me but its only 2wd.:(

SEREvince

Adventurer
Miss R2FJ said:
Ohh you have one of the green Tacos I lust after! Looks great!

I got so excited because there is one for sale down the street from me but its only 2wd.:(

Well, There is an almost identical 03 Dcab Taco in green for sale right down the road here:D

It would be a fun drive home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior