But what about the inside?

RufusXXL

Fist of all....GREAT forum!
I spent most of the day reading and checking out cool pictures here.

My name is Robert, living in the Netherlands and planning to build an offroad trailer on a Sankey wide track chassis.

I got a lot of good ideas here, but am missing a bit the inside of the trailer, the heart if you like:)
I'd like to take water, electricity, a fridge, a ready to use kitchen on gas, easy access to chairs and table etc etc and that all by making most of the "limited" space.

I have a rough idea what my trailer will look like from the inside but am curious as to what others have come up with..........Any cool examples on interior design??

Cheers,

Robert

telwyn

Adventurer
I think that's a great question - not to hjiack your thread, but would be interesting for each person to post some interior set up photos of their trailers here to have a consolidated thread with this theme.

I coveted a Sankey but settled for an m416. Really wanted one to pair with my Land Rover, but was too challenging to find one in the U.S. and not worth the import cost. Would love to see photos of your trailer and the build once you start.

And welcome to ExPo!

bmonday

Adventurer
Ironically, I focused on bolting so much crap to the lid and exterior of my trailer, that I had precious little left to put inside the thing. So it's mostly empty. Heck, even all my kitchen stuff fits in the tongue box. Even my ice chest either goes in the back of the Jeep (if the top's off) or on the lid of the trailer in front of the tent (putting it inside the trailer made my time-to-beer unacceptably long)

So inside goes my sleeping bag, favorite chair, and the custom table I set on the fender to use as a cooking surface. Sometimes my backpack will go in there, if I'm planning a hike.

At least everything is easy to get to :)

BMonday

r_DSCN0406.JPG

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
here's a few of mine, a work in progress,,and an earlier version

Trailerwoodwork006.jpg

Trailerwoodwork007.jpg

bar removable !

Trailerwoodwork009.jpg

Trailerwoodwork004.jpg

earlier trailer build

DSC_0522.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
I put a shelf in back on top for tupperware, food, dry goods. Shelf below holds is on drawer slides and has fridge and propane heater.
100_2495.jpg

Big door inside tent opens to 4 wolfpacks that we use for clothing.

Big door outside has two shelves, custom fit to hold stove, pans, more dry goods. Below that is the cavern that holds chairs, potty tent, and other whatnots.
The nose has the battery, charger, wheel chocks, and other various necessities.

100_3649.jpg

100_3652.jpg

100_3051-1.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
What kind of Tent is this??? I love this one!! it folds out just how I would like one to!!
That tent is the sole reason that I bought the trailer ----- it's the standard Conqueror tent. It's the only one that has the extra room attached and comes with a floor.
And I can stand up in it. (I take up a lot of real estate)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior