Buyer & Seller Feedback

CanuckMariner/Nomad

Love having fun 😊 in the 🌞 by the ⛵ and the ⏳
Perhaps a Wiki styled database where one searches for the user name/handle or item purchased/sold.

We used to have a Wiki database of routes on the main ExPo page but that disappeared along with the trails submitted. Wonder why? but I digress...this might be a usable way to keep this info with a score of x/y/z: x positive out of total z and y negative. :costumed-smiley-007

DarinM

Explorer
OS-Aussie
Bought my ARB bumper and PIAA lights from him. Picked up from his place in the Dallas area when he lived there. He and his wife were very kind and I enjoyed meeting them and spending some time & money with him.

Superu - bought my winch from him. Packed well, arrived promptly. 100% excellent transaction.

spressomon - bought my handpresso from him. Shipped quickly, no problems. Great transaction.

Vendors:
Sierra Expeditions - bought my Full Traction lift kit from them. Wil was very helpful in meeting my needs, it shipped out quickly and I'll be happy to do business with them again.

Iron Pig Off Road (RocKrawler)- got in on the Viair group buy. Again, my expectations were met, I got what I wanted in a timely fashion and was completely satisfied.

I may have made a couple other purchases from members here, but if so I can't remember at this time. So far everyone has been great to deal with.

EDIT Oh yeah - I bought a 2m radio from Nic (Willman). Again, a great transaction. I like being able to pass on good words about good people.

Last edited:

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Ruditron - I bought two boxes of light sticks off of him, and they arrived much quicker than I expected; thank you!

Nullifier - I bought a set of Yakima 1A mounts off of him. He combined the shipping with another local dude without any hassle.

Agavelvr - He bought my HAM radio off of me, and met up to make the transaction. He also looked at a tent for me in PHX and helped me purchase that as well. Great help from a very good guy!

A

agavelvr

Thanks for the kind works Gavin. It was a pleasure meeting you. I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff here on Expo and will post up with all the great folks I have had transactions with soon. Great idea!

I appologive in advance to anyone I have overlooked. These are just the folks I could think of or were in my inbox.
The following folks demonstrated to my wife that the internet is filled with cool people and not axe murders. Some of these folks are now good friends as a result of meeting via trading something:

Buyers:Major Purchases
racingjason:conqueror trailer - Paid in full, drove down from Canada by himself to pick it up a few months later while I stored it in my garage. Stayed in my guest bedroom for a couple of days. Wife and child flew into town the next day. Never met any of them before he showed up.
jjstahl3:1995 D90 - sent a deposit, flew out to pick it up with a buddy.
Lok47: 1997 Disco - met at McD's, easy going guy.

Buyers:Smaller Stuff
Fergie: I bought a tent for him, he delivered a HAM for me, all before ever meeting in person
MoGas: colman stove, stand, and propane tank - Dave drove down from Flag to eat at In-N-Out :)
BlknBlu: colman kitchen - Met at a shopping center, talked to and met up with several times since
RTO_Tracker9: autohome matress-turns out we live within walking distace from each other. My wife and I go out with he and his wife whenever we can now.
Safado: I can't rember what I sold him, but we met up at a Ranger Station to make the deal.
The Count: OZ Tent-paid me in full and waited for me to deliver it when I visited California a few weeks later.
SWDesertTaco: 1st person I invited over to the house before meeting in person to pick something up. He drank all my beer and stayed till the cows came home :)
jdayment: Purchased a supersiphon that I had to ship to Africa, prompt payment and communications - hook Josh up if he wants your stuff.
jjstahl3:D90 parts and accessories - Reliable guy, prompt payment.
NashvilleRover: Has traded lots of stuff with me. Dendy will even send you a shipping label to cover the postage.
Rovertrader: D90 dash pieces. Pleasant transaction and prompt payment.
CA-RJ: camping bits. Great guy to trade with, funny too.

Sellers: Here are some great folks that shipped stuff to me, all as described, ontime, and exceeding my expectations:
BajaTaco: Hide your women and beer when this guy is around :)
spressomon: espresso machine, bet you didn't see that coming.
Superu: handwinch
Dirtysouth: kickass solo tent
haven: maps & books of central and south america
NashvilleRover: Seat cover for the D90.
goodtimes : Yakima rack for the tacoma
and many more...

Sellers: met in person
Articulate: Bajarack - Had me over to his house to pick it up, but I kind of know his bro.
Tacomedic: One of the complicated deals. He was in Durango, Co...me in PHX, AZ. He had a shell I wanted for the tacoma, so we met in Monument Valley to make the deal before ever meeting face to face. Several weeks later, he sold me a tool box and some sliders which were then picked up by SWDesertTaco while he was in Colorado. Cool people!
BajaXplorer: Gave me a tire for free, what a guy.

Deadbeats, dirtbags, and scammers...
Schattenjager - I bought a mac book pro from him by mailing him a check, which he cashed. He failed to provide the tracking number while the package was in transit. Suprisingly, the package went missing after UPS delivered it. Some weeks later, ol Schatt gets paid on the UPS insurance claim. I write this thread on Expo:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/81616
to chronicle the situation in hopes this will convince Don (Shattenjager) to remedy the situation. He doesn't, so I get the police involved. An bunch of PMs come my way from various long time expo members telling me Don is a creep and one tells me he got scammed to. Wish I would have known! A sour deal for sure...I'm out the money and never got the computer. Meanwhile, Don got my money and UPS's money...I wonder if he got the computer back too. You have been warned!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hovenator1

Seller: WereTheHellsJames

Purchased: Blue sea fuse block

Rating: 100% satisfied. Quickly shipped, product was in condition described. Friendly guy with good communications!

Now where's that damn smilie with the waving mountie??? Ha, love it.

Fergie

Expedition Leader
Buyer: Me
Seller: Overland Hadley
Item: NL battery terminals.

OH's repsonse to my PM was quick and direct, and he confirmed via email once he received the money and when he shipped. The terminals came eactly as described, and much earlier than I expected.

I would do business with him again and would recommend the same to others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears