ByteTyte Chainsaw Scabbard

PinnaclePete

Piney Woods Forester
I also posted in the Storage Forum, but wanted as much input as possible...

I'm thinking of carrying these in my Arborist Supply stores and wanted to get some input from users. They are all aluminum in 16 - 30" bars, can be mounted on ATVs, trucks, tractors, bed racks, etc. in a variety of configurations or with 45 and 90* mounts. An internal plate tightens down onto the bar to hold securely and the saw can be locked with separate cable/lock. The 24" scabbard retails for $ 73 with Lifetime warranty, made in WA USA. Any input would be appreciated, but I like them alot and will probably be a distributor here in the Mid-south.
ByteTyte.JPG

Happykamper

Explorer
���� well now that I've read your idea thru :) and I see there are locks involved :) so that no one can sneak into camp and play ( Texas chainsaw massacre) lol. ......I think it's a great idea !!!! How much will they cost ???

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
I have been looking for a way to carry my chainsaw when I need to.

Is leaving the power head exposed to rain going to hurt the saw?

Mounted one of these on the storage box of my Hallmark. Great scabbard. I just put a semi-waterproof (i.e. stays dry for the first 5 minutes) sack over it and a bicycle cable to lock it down. Keeping the heavy rain off is probably best, but a little moisture won't be bad, assuming you maintain it. (we do get a little rain up here the PNW)

PinnaclePete

Piney Woods Forester
Mounted one of these on the storage box of my Hallmark. Great scabbard. I just put a semi-waterproof (i.e. stays dry for the first 5 minutes) sack over it and a bicycle cable to lock it down. Keeping the heavy rain off is probably best, but a little moisture won't be bad, assuming you maintain it. (we do get a little rain up here the PNW)

Great, thanks for the input and pic. Had a customer ask about them the other day and think I'll start carrying these in my stores. They retail for $50 to 80 depending on length. Thanks again...

Last edited:

Xrunner

Explorer
You could always have a neoprene cover made too, similar to what they sell for Hi-Lifts.

Million dollar product idea, maybe?

1f716dcb6ac4471335f85cf56bd7efb5.jpg

(image credit to 4WheelParts.com)

PinnaclePete

Piney Woods Forester
You could always have a neoprene cover made too, similar to what they sell for Hi-Lifts.

Million dollar product idea, maybe?

Probably wouldn't hold up well...this is not only to protect the bar but to secure it to your vehicle of choice. I just sell other people's million dollar ideas :ylsmoke:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998