C5500 Mobile Command Family overlander

Korey H

48a7755c55d511f313fd6b0e5267eb62.jpg

Working our way SW.

Will be in Hurricane this weekend on exhibit at Vanfest if you’d like to visit.

Systems are working well. We’re settling in. This photo was up by Goblin. Now at beautiful Pine lake N of Bryce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Korey H

192b426047af3e8e3b2220a589700bcc.jpg

Bahia de Concepcion.

All systems working well though did drain the battery enough to make the inverter unhappy the other day running ac all day, water heating and microwave.

Minor maintenance clogged the sink drain. Added a lock hasp to the garage.

Stayed in the desert near San Javier last night at a ranch to see cave paintings and then 50-60km of gravel / washboard back out to 1 today.

Now taking a night out of the truck at an awesome overland friendly hotel compound in La Paz.

Note at Bahia in the pic, a group of micro brew / commercial brew/ home brewers group rolled in and camped next to us, the best beers I believe I’ve ever had and wonderfully friendly... what fortune.

OverlandFT

Looks like an incredible spot to camp! I'm interested in talking to you sometime about the logistics of your trip, as the Baja is on our list too. Sounds like you're having a great trip, all the best and safe travels!

Korey H

Looks like an incredible spot to camp! I'm interested in talking to you sometime about the logistics of your trip, as the Baja is on our list too. Sounds like you're having a great trip, all the best and safe travels!

Thanks and yep anytime!

Endless beautiful camp sites here. In LaPaz and going to go ahead all the way south as we have nearly another two weeks to get back to the border.

baggio95

Awesome job on the build! Some really sweet and ingenious ideas. Would love to pick your brain traveling Baja with a big rig. What did you do to overcome the non-Ultra sulfur diesel?

Korey H

Awesome job on the build! Some really sweet and ingenious ideas. Would love to pick your brain traveling Baja with a big rig. What did you do to overcome the non-Ultra sulfur diesel?

My understanding is that most all Mexico is ULSD though of course not guaranteed. We saw lots of newer Sprinters down there. I expect Baja is pretty safe.

Nonetheless we’re an 06 and pre emissions very purposefully for international. So I didn’t have any concern.

Size was a bit of a challenge in small towns and some tight roads but overall no big deal.

Feel free to reach out. We’re headed back to Mex soon.

cjken

Explorer
I’m thinking of doing my tire up there as well. How confident are you in the ability of the rain gutters to support all that weight????

Korey H

I’m thinking of doing my tire up there as well. How confident are you in the ability of the rain gutters to support all that weight????

Good question. Sure seems solid. I stand in it and have noticed no movement at all. I recall the rack rated for plenty of weight.

Will have one mounted and one unmounted spare up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior