Cab Forward with a pass through

jupiter119

Cab forward trucks are designed to access the engine/transmission by tipping the whole cab forward and exposing the engine underneath. I've seen a few cab forward campers that are attached to the living area portion and they seem to have lost the ability to tip the cab away from the engine. In these cases, do they just access the engine from the inside of the vehicle? I'm guessing a custom cover is made or the engine is covered in flooring and access doors are installed to get at the engine? Does anyone have pics of this? I'm just really curious and like the idea of a Fuso expedition rig but also like the walk through feature. Thanks

EarthCruiser

Adventurer
G`day Jupiter
Single cabs should retain there ease service (cab tilt) . In most FUSO markets dual cabs (not available in the us AS 4X4) do not tilt x factory.
The new model FG in the US no longer has the service hatch in the cab.
Howard_Heidi_build_7.jpg
EarthCruiser 2009-261b.jpg

dlh62c

Explorer
Cab forward trucks are designed to access the engine/transmission by tipping the whole cab forward and exposing the engine underneath. I've seen a few cab forward campers that are attached to the living area portion and they seem to have lost the ability to tip the cab away from the engine. In these cases, do they just access the engine from the inside of the vehicle? I'm guessing a custom cover is made or the engine is covered in flooring and access doors are installed to get at the engine? Does anyone have pics of this? I'm just really curious and like the idea of a Fuso expedition rig but also like the walk through feature. Thanks

With the Fuso, its more like a crawl though. A rubber boot is installed between the cab and the camper body.

More information can be found here; http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/93317-pass-through-walk-through-crawl-through

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan