Camel Trophy

czenkov

Adventurer
Congrats...

Nice banner Scott. You are very lucky to have that piece of history. Would look even better draped across your Discovery.

Magnus

Observer
egesu9e2.jpg

ada7etav.jpg

Last adventure of a support vehicle?
"Christmas tree sales office" in Stockholm, Sweden.

Shoogs

Shoogs
hmmm nothing for 3 months... maybe we should have a Landrover vs Toyota event...

Attachments

• thCA3SJYQ4.jpg
    thCA3SJYQ4.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 667
  • thCASJF3ZR.jpg
    thCASJF3ZR.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 667

Disco2Guy

Observer
I can keep this thread going for awhile;)

Here are 3 (of 24) slides I have which were taken on the 1993 Sabah-Malaysia CT. They need to be professionally scanned, but for now, I've just taken pics with them sitting on a light table.

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2378.jpg

Last edited:

Disco2Guy

Observer
Chris Bennett's Pelican case from 1994

Ok, time for a change of pace for this post. I'm sure most of you know about the 1994 Camel Trophy book by Chris Bennett. You don't?! Then you need to get a copy if you're reading this thread! Here's the cover.

CamelTrophy1994(1).jpg

Through a lot of luck and determination I have one of the two Pelican cases issued to Chris Bennett for the 1994 Camel Trophy. This case houses the majority of the smaller items in my CT collection, and it's completely full:) I have a very large container full of event shirts, coats, and a sweatshirt from '89 - '98, over 50 CT pins and a rather large stack of CT books from around the world. Enough of that, I know what you want to see.

CB Peli case.jpg

ipgregory

Adventurer
Nice score on the case.

I have one of the ones issued to Bill Burke for the 91 trophy. Won it in a club raffle. He signed it and presented it himself.

Attachments

• DSC00030.JPG
    DSC00030.JPG
    387.9 KB · Views: 130
  • DSC00036.JPG
    DSC00036.JPG
    367.8 KB · Views: 128

Disco2Guy

Observer
Nice! I remember seeing those pics a while ago. Winning it in a club raffle is a nice way to get it. Do you have other CT memorabilia?

Disco2Guy

Observer
Time for another post. This is another item from Chris Bennett. While dealing with a wonky battery, it decided to let loose and sprayed acid everywhere. Thankfully it didn't get in his eyes, especially being the photographer for the UK Cameleers!

photo 2.jpg

Team.RGP

Hello guys,

I know that this post is more than 2 years old, but for all of you Camel Trophy fans, this event in Europe might be of your interest.

What'd ya say? see you all there!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle