Camper and Truck Photos

Bergger

Explorer
How do the soft sides do in winter? Propane or diesel heat?
I agree with tacollie. We have an AT Summit with the insulation pack and also have the propane Truma Vario heater. Been out in temps down to 10 degrees and we were very comfortable. I think the soft sides do very well in the cold. I'm sure some are better than others so if looking at a soft sided camper really look at what the fabric is made of and if it does not have insulation built into the fabric then I recommend getting an insulation pack if they offer it.

SimplyAnAdventure

2023 F350 XLT Premium Tremor on 37” Toyo AT3’s.

New Supertramp camper pretty well optioned. 400Ah of Battleborn batteries, Dometic RTX2000 Air Conditioner, L-track all over, Inside Shower, 2 Lagun table mounts, integrated 360 degree camera system, 1500W inverter, and factory installed Starlink.

IMG_0654.jpeg
IMG_0617.jpeg
IMG_0595.jpeg
IMG_3326.jpeg
IMG_0634.jpeg
Ordered the truck and camper towards the end of March. Truck came in at the end of July and the camper was installed Nov 29th.

We took the scenic way home along I-40 stopping at parks, friends houses, and relatives along the way. 4500 mile total trip in 2 weeks. Zero complaints.

After going through many iterations of trucks/ campers I’m hoping this is the one.

Scaled on a CAT Scale before and after but with the camper installed, 2 people, camping gear, and a very full tank of gas, but no water onboard the camper weighed 9660 lbs with an almost 50/50 split between the two axles. GVWR on my truck is 11,499lbs so lots of room to spare!

IMG_0625.jpeg

Last edited:

Mules

2023 F350 XLT Premium Tremor on 37” Toyo AT3’s.

New Supertramp camper pretty well optioned. 400Ah of Battleborn batteries, Dometic RTX2000 Air Conditioner, L-track all over, Inside Shower, 2 Lagun table mounts, integrated 360 degree camera system.

View attachment 813637
View attachment 813638
View attachment 813639
View attachment 813640
Ordered the truck and camper towards the end of March. Truck came in at the end of July and the camper was installed Nov 29th.

We took the scenic way home along I-40 stopping at parks, friends houses, and relatives along the way. 4500 mile total trip in 2 weeks. Zero complaints.

After going through many iterations of trucks/ campers I’m hoping this is the one.

Scaled on a CAT Scale before and after but with the camper installed, 2 people, camping gear, and a very full tank of gas, but no water onboard the camper weighed 9660 lbs with an almost 50/50 splint between the two axles. GVWR on my truck is 11,499lbs so lots of room to spare!

View attachment 813641
Nice electric lift system!!!

AC and a shower inside?! You've got a lot of gear inside that camper.

SimplyAnAdventure

Nice electric lift system!!!

AC and a shower inside?! You've got a lot of gear inside that camper.
Yeah, it’s got an AC unit installed in the roof (front vent above the cabover) and there’s a “shower”. It’s really a small shower pan that flips up. You remove the porta pottie from in and install a shower curtain that’s wide at the top but you still stand in a small shower pan. Indoor shower has its own 5gal grey water tank. You can also shower outside of course lol. The only reason I actually went for the indoor shower option was places like Yellowstone forbid grey water from hitting the ground and some beaches you can drive and camp on require a grey water tank. I felt it gave me options with minimal penalty.

Mules

Here's the other side. Still a work in progress but needed it to be a glorified camper shell for a quick ski trip!
I love the electric lift!! I keep thinking about replacing my pneumatic lift cylinders with Linear Actuators, like you have. Any recommendations and did you go with synchonized linear actuators?

Screen Shot 2024-01-08 at 6.56.58 AM.png

Jsweezy

Explorer
I love the electric lift!! I keep thinking about replacing my pneumatic lift cylinders with Linear Actuators, like you have. Any recommendations and did you go with synchonized linear actuators?

View attachment 814115
That picture is the quick release tork lift fast guns for holding the camper to the flatbed. I was going to go with linear actuators, even ordered the control panel and bullet actuators from firgelli like 4wc has but ultimately decided to just stick with a manual lift system as I frequently travel for skiing and am in garbage weather. The fear of something happening and being stuck with the top open or not having it go up is forcing me to keep it simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior