1975 Bethany Pickupper
home brew power panel
sink w/12v water pump
gas furnace
2 burner gas stove
microwave (shore power only)
porti-potty
sleeps 4 (2 most comfortable)

That is an interesting looking old camper, I don't think I've ever seen one before.

SGNellett

Adventurer
DSC01255.jpg

Man, that truck looks HUUUUUUUUUUGE!!! :smiley_drive:

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
strut info

http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/1186/=7xnqyw

used 50 lb. struts. I decided on side mounts due to the lack of structure above the rear door. I went a little over board on the solar panel and it was too much effort to raise the roof. The support angles that hold my solar panel run almost full width. Panel is 130 amps.

Hope this helps.
Jeff

Jeff Wanamog

Off Road Camper Guy
Maybe a little

I set it up so that when I pull the end supports over center to initiate lowering, the top doesn't fall on me but needs just a little pulling. Not much though. I like having more initial power when raising the top because that is when I am hunched down. I don't have back problems, but after my heart attack I was told to limit my lifting.

Jeff

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
our camper

Hi,

Our 1991 Cherokee with custom Phoenix Pop up is our new baby!
We are excited about adventuring in our camper, but have only made it a few hundred miles from home on some pretty light trails so far. Maybe someday we can take our time and work our way all the way around the WORLD in this great little rig!! WE'LL SEE.....

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php
[/IMG]

offroadcamperguy

Supporting Sponsor
Big Pictures!

Hey, does anyone have advice on how I can put those really nice LARGE PICTURES on my posts. I know it sounds stupid, but I just haven't quite mastered this yet. Thanks for any help you would like to give!

billy bee

Adventurer
Hey, does anyone have advice on how I can put those really nice LARGE PICTURES on my posts.

I have my pics hosted on another site. I use SmugMug mostly b/c you can view pictures on that site in the original size. So, I can direct somebody to the site for really good views. It has lots of other good features but also costs $35/year to subscribe. (I have a coupon you can use is SmugMug interests you. Enter this code when you join: SSrZ54yJrWCbI. There is also a free two-week trial available. https://secure.smugmug.com/signup.mg).
With the pics hosted on SmugMug, I click on the little picture icon (
insertimage.gif
) in the Reply frame and paste the image location in the dialogue box that pops up asking you to paste the location of the image.

Voila:
916410487_sVeFn-M-1.jpg

So, now you can right click on the image I just posted above and some options will open in another dialogue box. Left click on "Copy Image Location" and you have a url on your clipboard that can be pasted into another post using the
insertimage.gif
icon.

OR you can type in the code:
. The url (in this case http://billybee.smugmug.com/Cars/CTD-FP/P1040375/916410487_sVeFn-M-1.jpg) is pasted in place of, "paste url of pic here."

HTH.

And in keeping with the theme of this thread, here are pics of my Dodge CTD/FlipPac rig:
916410222_CSvzt-M.jpg

916411560_pEHPY-M.jpg

906733335_pnCb2-M.jpg

906732669_VU6jz-M.jpg

bb

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior