Camper and Truck Photos

Jakey

Just wanted to say i love the site and have some great ideas to build on. Heres a picture of my rig. Im looking to rehab a popup shell this summer.

IMG_20130103_100511.jpg
Is that the silhouette of a Crow on your bedrail?

bob91yj

Resident **************
hey bob is that a ac unit up on the roof?

Sorry I missed this, yes, it's an AC unit.

It's a Coleman unit designed for pop up campers/runs on a Honda 2KW generator. While I love having AC when camping in SoCal/Baja deserts, I expect to find the AC unit laying in the floor after every trip down a dirt road. To date, there have been no obvious detrimental effects to the roof. The RV shop that did the install seemed to think that the roof was designed for it. (Sun Lite is out of business).

If I had to do it all over again I would do a small window unit in the back window of the camper.

Kodiak181

Is that the silhouette of a Crow on your bedrail?

Yes it is. Im stationed in Cordova Alaska currently but transfering to Sitka this summer. Crows and ravens are everywhere. Heaven help you if you leave a bag of trash in the bed, they can scatter it 30 yards in 10 seconds flat Lol.

simimike

Met some friends for a little site seeing at Canyon De Chelly and Coral Pink Sand Dunes SP. Front to back, Stew's ATC, Ted's FWC and my XPC.

Attachments

• Canyon De Chelly 3 Amigos.jpg
    Canyon De Chelly 3 Amigos.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 2,662

zanshin

Newb to this site and forums. Have had my 4WC Hawk for a year now. Out here in the Middle, it gets hot and MUGGY, especially around the water holes, so we opted for the AC option on ours for when we use shore power or generate our own.

IMG_3747.jpg

Overland Hadley

on a journey
Newb to this site and forums. Have had my 4WC Hawk for a year now. Out here in the Middle, it gets hot and MUGGY, especially around the water holes, so we opted for the AC option on ours for when we use shore power or generate our own.

Nice looking Hawk. And welcome to ExPo.

Is that a factory installed AC?

fisher205

Explorer
Met some friends for a little site seeing at Canyon De Chelly and Coral Pink Sand Dunes SP. Front to back, Stew's ATC, Ted's FWC and my XPC.

We ran into these guys at the the McD's in Kayenta. They pulled up next my Alaskan. Lot's of jokes about all the major pop ups being represented. My old Alaskan wasn't as sweet as these rigs.

zanshin

Nice looking Hawk. And welcome to ExPo.

Is that a factory installed AC?

Yep, they don't list it as an option, but it is. Around $400 extra, but they build up the area with additional aluminum framing to support the unit. Works a charm, too, and quiet. it's just a little GE window unit with low amp draw, plugged into an AC outlet they wire over on the passenger side.

Vzfit

Observer
Big Bend National Park

My brother and I just completed an awesome trip to Big Bend National Park. My '11 Ford Raptor with Phoenix Pop Up traversed just about every 4wd trail to include Black Gap Road like a boss, but not without a fair share desert pin-stripes.
IMG_0473.jpgIMG_0483.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger