Camper mounting help

NeverEnough

Adventurer
I'm just about to remount my camper subframe to the new chassis (International 7400). I was planning on using the same mounts from my C5500. I've been pretty frustrated trying to find engineering data for spring mounts. I just crossed my fingers that the upfitter knew their business, which involved a lot of water and dynamite trucks. I didn't have any problems during the 18 months I used the camper on the Topkick. It would be great to have some information about changing springs or bolts when we mount to the new chassis this week.

graynomad

Photographer, traveller
I don't like your chances here, it seems the thread is well cold and I'm not familiar with any of the chassis you mention, and for that matter probably not qualified to comment on bolt and spring sizes :)

Note to self: Subscribe to your build thread, I've missed a bit.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
There should be more talk on camper mounting that is not related to 3 or 4 point systems on unimogs. Those systems have advantages but also major disadvantages. A spring mount system is cheaper, lighter, lower profile, produces less stress concentrations on the frame. Yet I haven't seen one thread where someone has tried to optimize the system.

Take a look at westyss's build here:
http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/48351-out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new?p=701584#post701584
An outstanding + + camper/truck and IMO the perfect mounting system on a Fuso

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior