Camper on board shower, instantaneous water heater or other manners in which to heat

Truefire

Truefire
Hey guys, i was wondering if any of you are familiar with a good instantaneous water heater on the market that draws approximately 15 amps as opposed to the typical 30 amp draw on a 120V circuit. I would not need the type that are designed for larger volume flow. I have looked but you know how the keyword search works...i might have overlooked a good site or product that is out there perhaps.

Or do you have any ways to safely heat or warm I should say, water in a polyethylene plastic tank? :coffee:

thanks, Chris

Last edited:

Surfy

Adventurer
There are many solutions ;-) Some with Gas, some electrical, some with Heatexchange over the engine cooling circuit.

To use the engine heat, seems to be the best solution...

Google for:

Helton hot water
Bushranger hot water
Twine hot water

stomperxj

Explorer
I bought an Eccotemp L5 and it works great. I got an adapter to use the small propane bottles. It can get hot enough to scald even in cold temps.

frenchlayer

Observer
This is pretty low tech and I don't think it will give you hot, hot water but warm enough for a shower. I have not used one but have seen them mentioned on forums.

http://www.zodi.com/Consumer/zodihottaptravelshower.html

it will get hot enough for a shower no problem, I have one and it works, but the pump sucks IMO, I plan on upgrading to a shurflo 12v. Used it last weekend camping and the water source was at ground level and the pump would not push the water enough for shower height. Worked great for washing dishes though

bahndo

Supporting Sponsor: Bahn Camper Works
I am going to go with a on demand propane outdoor shower for showering and I am building a very small (~.4L tank) instant electric water heater for in the camper hot water for coffee/hand/dishwashing. The inside instant hot water heater uses a 1000 Watt 120 VAC heating element.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior