Camping Lab - New Expedition Portal Sponsor!

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
Carlyle said:
How long are the poles on that awning? I wonder if there is any chance it would work on the back of my camper, it's about 9' up to the rack?

The poles can go as high as 7' , maybe a bit more than that but not much.

Scott Brady

Founder
I can attest to how strong these awning are. We had the wind kick up in camp, and the awning on Brian's LR was not stacked down (there was no wind when we set it up). The wind picked up the awning and bent it over the top of the LR. There was no damage. Impressive.

campinglab

expeditionswest said:
I can attest to how strong these awning are. We had the wind kick up in camp, and the awning on Brian's LR was not stacked down (there was no wind when we set it up). The wind picked up the awning and bent it over the top of the LR. There was no damage. Impressive.

When Scott told me about this i couldn't believe it!!!

the plastic connectors used to hold the aluminum poles are supposed to snap and prevent the actual poles from been damaged, so please don't try this at home and always keep your awnings properly stacked down. :xxrotflma

StumpXJ

SE Expedition Society
I have the same style awning, although I bought it here locally, and they are made very well. easy to use, and tough! I camped last weekend in France, and it poured down rain for two days straight. The awning kept me nice and dry, and braved the wind gust's like they were nothing.

Thanks to Camping Labs for stepping up and becoming a sponsor!

DSCN0612.jpg

~James

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I also have the Awning and it works as described it is very easy to set-up, and I have used it on the beach! Now i need to try their double gas carriers.

campinglab

hey Jimmy what's up? :)

Still can't tell for sure but will try my best to make it to the wheel in....

Glad you're liking the awning:victory:

will

Adventurer
After much deliberation (and trading a few e-mails with Fernando) my wife and I decided to purchase one of the Camping Lab RTTs. We were going to wait and see if we could use the interior of the rig to sleep in, but once my wife saw how quickly the RTTs setup, she was sold. With he 15% off ExPo discount, we couldn't pass up this opportunity. We opted for the standard 55" x 94" RTT. I just hung up the phone with Fernando - very nice guy to work with indeed.

Will

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Great to see Camping Lab on board here at Expo...
I am proud to say that Camping Lab was a huge supporter of Disabled Explorers and our Continental Divide Expedition.
Matter of fact Fernando believed in us enough to make first contact, that is the kind of guy that runs the operation. He is part of this community and you can meet him on runs, at events and using his own product.
It has been great working with Camping Lab and it was impressive comparing it with a tent that cost twice as much for 24 days straight, impressive performance.

Piling on...Fernando is a great guy and his products are very quality. We love our awning!

I have some pics of my awning connected to Thule bars and connected to the FJ BajaRack. Purchasing the Camping Lab RTT, in a few weeks.

359000819_9Ju7w-M.jpg

359001725_Hs7GX-M.jpg

381669044_hnfBs-M.jpg

455811697_E3gBS-M.jpg

455809894_CVQSR-M.jpg

skephart

Observer
I tried calling Fernando Lander at camper lab and I got a message that he was not receiving calls at this time and could not leave a message. How is the best way to contact. I am interested in getting an awning for a 2007 Xterra and need to know if it can be installed on the stock rack.

ArmyTaco

Observer
Good people!!

Hey Fernando...
I just ordered a RTT and Baja Exp Rack from you this week. To everyone who is thinking about this.. he is a good person to deal with. I think I actually placed my order on Sunday which was rare to get anyone from anywhere on Sunday. He defenitely was prompt and now I am just waiting on everything to get here. He let me know before I even ordered that the Rack was on backorder and would not ship until the 9th which was great to find out ahead of time. Not a problem at all as long as I know what is going on. Also saved me some $$$ on shipping. Overall gets an A+ from me so far. I will be ordering more from Camping Lab as sson as my wallet comes out from hiding.:Wow1::victory:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78