Camping Lab RTT size?

What are the dimensions of the mounting bars underneath? Are they adjustable? I am building my trailer with a "rack" type system on top, and they will be non-adjustable... And the tent will mount on this. So If anyone knows the dimensions of the mounting system on the big Camping Lab RTT, I would appreciate it. :)

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
The Campinglab 71X94" comes with 71" long aluminum extrusions.

They are pre drilled to work in both directions so, if it suits you best, you can cut them to size and use them in the shorter length of the tent's base which is 47", plus the mounting bolts slide through out the whole length of the extrusions so you can adjust where you want the bolting points.

Cheers,
Fernando

Excellent news.

You don't happen to have pictures of the mounting hardware available do you?

Also, which way do you recommend to mount the extrusions? cross-ways on the rack bars, or with the rack bars?

opie

Explorer
Crossways would give you a stiffer mount.

I too would be interested to see the hardware.

In fact... does anyone have pics or vid of an unpacking of one of Camping Labs tents.....

Id like to get my base fabbed up prior to ordering one.

pray4surf

Explorer
Here's the best/only picture I have of the mid-size CL RTT attached to my rack

DSC01819.jpg

Each of the 8 bolts are individually 'captured' in the extruded aluminum base.

My cross members are 1"x2".

The extruded aluminum pieces come unattached. So you can bolt them through the RTT either way. Mine are parallel to the fore/aft axis of my truck.

I'll do my best to answer any questions if you have any...

Thanks for the photo!

Gives me the idea that I could actually add as many crossbars as I like for mounting the tent. I understand 3 is the minimum for the large CL tent. Would 5 be overkill?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior