camping out of my burb at 11500ft

roostercruiser

Adventurer
I recently went camping atop of Rollins Pass in Colorado. I loaded up the bikes on top the gear in back. We slept in the back of the burban.it was a odd day with the weather. There was sun, rain, snow, and a cold nite.
Loaded up the bikes
IMG_20110902_103425.jpg

The drive up
317329_2221358587065_1640711455_2234957_1095247_n.jpg

Last edited:

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wow:Wow1:Rooster, looks like an awesome trip. How was the air at that altitude? I hope you had fun riding your bikes around. Thanks for the pics.....:ylsmoke:

looks like a great time. i hope to make it out west some day.

i've got one question. do you drive around with all your gear just laying in the back? the reason i ask because in a roll over i think there would be alot going on in side your suburban. not being critical but an air compressor to the back of the head would suck.

roostercruiser

Adventurer
Its allstraped down while in motion.I have so many D rings anchored to the floor. I was set up at that piont in thepic. And I only use ratchet. Straps.

roostercruiser

Adventurer
looks like a great time. i hope to make it out west some day.

i've got one question. do you drive around with all your gear just laying in the back? the reason i ask because in a roll over i think there would be alot going on in side your suburban. not being critical but an air compressor to the back of the head would suck.

I would never do this without everything secured.safety first. The video below is me rock crawling in my burban

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgUbq4B74ZE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

bldeagle10

Explorer
I'm interested in knowing how tall your rig is with the bikes up there lol, looks like you could throw a quad up there and be at the same clearance lol would be interesting getting it up there though, would have to ramp it onto a trailer then ramp it up to the roof rack...

good to know. one of my friends dad rolled a truck one time. the only injuries he recieved where from a stanley coffee thermos. nice pics.

Crazy Al

Looks like a ton of fun. Hurray for barn doors! Hate that that option went away. Glad to hear it's all strapped down in the back. Getting my wife to understand why I strap it all down just for the ride up...ugh...never sinks in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998