Camping/ trail ride in souther Maine or nh...I'm looking for places to go!

JayBuller

Hello y'all. My name is Jay, I just recently moved to kittery, me and my family and I would like to find a few good spots close by( within a couple hours) to check out. We would love to go to the mountains and camp/fish/trail ride/explore. Looking for remote wilderness beautiful type spots with waterfalls and whatnot! Mabey a nice river to go swimming in. Don't really know the area at all but my research has pointed me towards the white mountain national forest in nh. Any tips or places I should visit there? How are the trails around there? Would my full size rig fit or even be aloud? Thanks everyone..

boblynch

Adventurer
We spent a month last year in New England and had a blast. Within a few hours of you there are wonderful places in every direction.

1. White Mountain NF (NH) Green Mountain NF (VT) - get a copy of the latest trail guide and forest road map; focus on the unimproved campgrounds and dispersed camping sites where possible; the biggest problem with a full size rig (we were in a F550 with truck camper) will be the low branches (but most roads are doable
2. North Maine Woods - almost unlimited small lakes and unimproved road options
3. Cape Cod National Seashore - in the off season the outer cape is lot of fun (too crowded in the summer for our taste)
4. Coastal Maine (explore the small towns, lighthouses, etc.) (good fishing and kayaking)

Enjoy!

jeepin_idaho

Adventurer
My wife has been begging for a trip from northern New York up to Maine but I want to make it a camping trip. The plan would be to bring the 2wd suburban and not the XJ for space sake and mpg. If love to know some scenic, remote but 2wd accessible locations.

Dan
http://facebook.com/the4x4podcast

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears