Can I make it?

JJMAC

Adventurer
I have an 07 Lifted Nissan Frontier and a lifted Fleetwood Cobalt Popup camper. (Its the small version 8 ft. long.) I am planning a trip from Denver to Telluride through the non-paved mountain roads with the family. Some have told me it would be easy to do, others have told me that it would be extremely dangerous. I am looking for specific feedback on the following passes and weather or not I could get up and down safely with a popup in tow....

Passes include......
- Mosquito Pass
- Hangerman Pass
- Pearl Pass (or Taylor pass as alternative)
- Kebler Pass
- Ohio Pass
- Los Pinos Pass
- Cinnamon Pass (or Engineer Pass as alternative)
- Imogene Pass

I am concerned with the switchbacks and if I can make some of the turns....I have been almost all the way slate river, washington gulch until I hit the snow line in july. This trip will be mid august.

Can I do this trip in 5 days?

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks. Mac

Serg5000

Adventurer
I would maybe contact the local Ranger station or local transit authority. Let them know your intentions and what you are driving and hauling. They are the one's that may be able to give you first hand info on what the conditions of the roads are and how difficult they may be. Since you are taking your family I would get as much local info combined with the experience of fellers around here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998