Can someone help me ID this bumper?

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
My guess is Paul Rickard, for these reasons; Weld quality, storage containers, multiple receiver hitch tubes and the vintage is right for the vehicle. Some of you may recall his bumpers being used on early well know projects such as the Wescott's Turtle Expedition.

Sadly, he has passed on.

Revco

Adventurer
My guess is Paul Rickard, for these reasons; Weld quality, storage containers, multiple receiver hitch tubes and the vintage is right for the vehicle. Some of you may recall his bumpers being used on early well know projects such as the Wescott's Turtle Expedition.

Sadly, he has passed on.

x2, probably a Rickard Compartment Bumper or a well-executed copy of one, especially since he was from CA, and the plates on the rig in the photos are CA plates.

Jjackson410

Observer
The truck was a So. Cal truck.. I know I found fuel reciepts from the early 1990s showin truck spent lot of time in Baja as a support vehicle I will google Rickard and see what pops up. Any help on where I can find one? I really do what to thank everyone for the help!!

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
If you think it was used as a race support truck, I'd post it on Race Dezert as well. As far as finding a Rickard bumper, good luck. As I stated earlier, he has past away.

I'm sure a number of fab shops would be willing to make one like it for you.

Jjackson410

Observer
If you think it was used as a race support truck, I'd post it on Race Dezert as well. As far as finding a Rickard bumper, good luck. As I stated earlier, he has past away.

I'm sure a number of fab shops would be willing to make one like it for you.

Can you recomend any fab shops here in the South West? How much was a Rickard bumper new?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78