Cancelled: Lagun Table System

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
UPDATE: Purchased a new one online. Garelick leg going up for sale soon!

Hello,
Long shot I know, but I thought why not give this a try? I am looking for a Lagun Table leg / mounting system, you know the adjustable swing away ones. I currently have a VERY nice Garelick extruded aluminum adjustable setup, but after testing it out... I need a swing away. Would consider a straight up trade even? They are about the same price... give or take, but it is just not going to work out for me. Sadly... because it looks great.

What I want:

van-build-table-mount.jpg

What I have:

71LOmr9jiPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Garelick ADJUSTABLE TABLE BASE

I am located on Vancouver Island out here on the West Coast of Canada. Let me know if this is even a thing. Table leg is going to go up for sale soon as I remove it.
Greg

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

Looks great and works solid. I can sit on the table with it raised (in the middle) and it is sturdy.

20190309_181817.jpg

Finished

20190309_181810.jpg

Extended

20190119_191714.jpg

Compressed

20190119_144551.jpg

75425_2.jpg

mk4

Observer
Some FYI's.

You're going to need access to the back of where you mount the lagun bracket to tighten the bolts. The attachment point needs to be pretty stout. My original mount location had about 6" of flex and so I had to redo the mount.

First use a cardboard cutout to test the table swing of the table top.

Make sure your vehicle is level before you install it.

The bolts they supply with the unit are phillips. A little tough to tighten down, so I bought longer hex bolts. I've got some spares I need to get rid of. If you need them $10 + shipping.

Last edited:

VanIsle_Greg

Some FYI's.

You're going to need access to the back of where you mount the lagun bracket to tighten the bolts. The attachment point needs to be pretty stout. My original mount location had about 6" of flex and so I had to redo the mount.

First use a cardboard cutout to test the table swing of the table top.

Make sure your vehicle is level before you install it.

The bolts they supply with the unit are phillips. A little tough to tighten down, so I bought longer hex bolts. I've got some spares I need to get rid of. If you need them $10 + shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. I have a great spot to mount this with a good place for backing and its going through 1/2" birch cabinet ply. Thanks for the offer on the bolts, will let you know!

VanIsle_Greg

Pm sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks for the PM, will reply ASAP. Haven't been online much this past week... I am 'working from home' so 10 hours a day on the computer for work means I have almost no energy to get online for myself. heh

VanIsle_Greg

After much searching, and looking for a used Lagun online and having zero luck, I decided to simply buck up and buy a new one. Not really any retailers I could find in Canada with stock, so I ordered one in the US. Going to use Seawings Delivery again to get it shipped to a couple of miles from my front door. If you are Canadian and need to get RD/Overland new and used stuff to Vancouver Island, I cannot recommend them enough. They charge you like $20 bucks to Canada for most stuff, and you broker it yourself at the Vic Airport. Cheaps.

Anyhow, thanks for the PM's and the offers to purchase my Garelick. That will be going up for sale soon...

Ducstrom

Nomad vans had them last time I checked. BC company, that's who I'll be ordering from when it comes time to ad my lagun.

VanIsle_Greg

Sigh... of course you do. And like 5 KM away too. Oops, I searched and searched online and came up with nearly nothing in Canada. Might need to work on that SEO for the site! ;)

Thanks Ducstrom, I checked their site and it said it was available for Pre Order. I always prefer to buy locally and or regionally... but this was the best price I found and availability as well.

Note to self, ALWAYS check with Andreas first before ordering anything.

The good news, the one I ordered is being delivered tomorrow AM. Now to go pull out the one I put in place... and put it up for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78