Canon Lens Reviews

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
When trying to decide between the canon 24-70 f/2.8L and the 24-105 f/4L I stumbled upon www.the-digital-picture.com There is plenty of information and comparisons of canon lenses and canon compatible lenses. It helped me tremendously. Thought some of you canon users might get some use out of it as well.

The site also has digital photography tips...

Mlachica

TheRAMadaINN on Instagram
I ended up getting the 24-70 f/2.8 for it's speed. With a toddler and a newborn it can be hard to get them to keep still so the IS wouldn't always help.

I've had it since January, and it has served me well. I think the reviews are quite accurate in that both lenses are great walk around lenses and they have their respective abilities. Knowing they are both high quality lenses I just had to decide whether I wanted an aperature of 2.8 or 4w/IS. I had a 17-40 f/4L which for the price is an outstanding lens but I found it not fast enough for taking pictures of the kids indoors (they move too fast :punk03:). The extra zoom wasn't too big of a deal for me, I'll probably get the 70-200f/4L IS someday. I had a 70-200f/4L that really kicked ass and with the addition of IS it should put it over the top for me, w/o breaking the bank ($$70-200 f/2.8IS$$). With that, I went for the 2.8 :p

Prior to finding that site it was hard to find good thorough real world reviews AND comparisons. I came up with a few fare reviews but no one site had as many product reviews as www.the-digital-picture.com He also has plenty of sample photos with plenty of specs.

side note: I haven't been camping since the trophy, I'm going crazy :littlefriend:
I need to get out and take some pictures with this thing, I know I haven't used it to its full potential.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior