Can't think of a catchy name but I'm ALL IN now.

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
What an absolute wealth of knowledge here!
I had great GREAT plans when I found this van, then I found this forum....:yikes:
Thankfully I found this forum before I got too far.
Now, with every page I read, plans change.

2008 GMC saVANa with 6,000 miles on the clock and factory tow package for a steal.

Ain't she a beaut!!! Big picture window! An runnin boards!! FER THA LADIES!!

Check out this ************** interior!! Fold down couch!

Even had a bunch of stuff hidden under the couch. Never knew until we got home. Rad thule table that hooks outside!!

Brand new porta pot?? Really REALLY unsure about this thing. Amy (wife) say no, no, no, nope, nonono HELL NO! I could see the benefits to not stopping every 2 hours. Further research required.

2 stereos Jesus?? Lawd have mercy.

Hmmmm....

Interesting. The charger was sitting on the porta potty when I first opened it.

So we grabbed our little buddy heater, some blankets, some brews and a DVD went out to the forest and spent the night in it and as you can imagine, it sucked loudly.
I mean still better than being stuck in the house but it could have been so much better.

It appears that pretty much every question I could ever think of is answered in this forum but I may ask 1 or 2 as everyone has different needs and opinions.

Let's hear some comments on this RADICAL RIG!!

Last edited:

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
How could it have possibly sucked? What kind of beer did you bring?

Smirnof fruit twizzle crap something I don’t remember. Her choice. Kept it light in case we encountered any marmot.

Oh and the fold out couch was horribly uncomfortable and WAY too small. And we couldn't regulate temperature very well.

dar395

Adventurer
Brand new porta pot?? Really REALLY unsure about this thing. Amy (wife) say no, no, no, nope, nonono HELL NO! I could see the benefits to not stopping every 2 hours. Further research required.

Just park by the little bitty red ants one time, porta potty looks better!

Interesting. The charger was sitting on the porta potty when I first opened it.
May be high tech potty!, It might be a great find!

dar395

Adventurer
Really nice looking Van! We're on our first one and I can tell you after three try's at the design it's much better. First try out was rough with the wife but we read and understood a lot by the second try, After 28 days in the van we both enjoy and are planning next summer, it takes time. Enjoy!:ylsmoke:

oPAULo

Jack of all terrain
BRAP BRAP!!!

YUP! 95% of our travels are to ride bikes. Here's our old setup we've used for the last 5 years.

Trailer will now tow behind the van and the tent and a bunch of other stuff will stay in the garage. The old setup in the van had almost no storage which is a big problem. I knew it would be gutted when I bought it.

This is how it sits currently. Insulation stuffed everywhere. Glue and carpet stuck all over. The foam board and carpet glued to the ceiling practically fell down.

Is home insulation ok in a van? We've been happy in a tent for years so insulation is not very important to us. I'm going to install a maxxair in the roof and use the flat screen and dvd player. Refrigerator is still being researched as is the house battery setup.

dcguillory

Adventurer
Focus on how you will be driving and sleeping since those are the things you do the most. I have nine people in my van most of the time so permanent bed downstairs in not an option. For you guys who are used to "roughing it" I would definitely do a big bed platform in the back with storage underneath like we have seen a hundred times. You have already got the hard part: A van and woman that wants to get out there with you!

86scotty

Cynic
Neat van. I'm totally confused as to why it has 2 stereos, side by side, and presumably another up front, and also why in the world would someone wire them up in cabinets like that where it makes the cabinet basically unusable? As in, with the stereos in the door and the wiring all over the inside. Hmmm. I don't think whoever did that was familiar with how creative you need to be with your space. Way too much of it wasted.
Looks like your diving in so I'm curious to see what you do.

My two ladies absolutely love the porta potty for trips. It is ONLY, and I mean ONLY, used for number 1 though. Perhaps your wife was thinking different? I suppose ours might get used in a dire emergency for more, but I've never NOT been able to find a real bathroom if the need arises. In fact, I'd personally rather hike off in the woods than foul up everyone's living quarters. I wouldn't toss it out, they are too good to have if you have the space.

Sweet score on the extras!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78